Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come Say Hi And Introduce Yourself (January 2022)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone!

With a New Year brings new friends!  Let me just say welcome to our new members and welcome back for our older members.  My name is Kristen and I am a member of the Community Council, so you'll see me around the boards.

For those of you who are not familiar with how we do things here, every month we have an ice breaker thread called "Introduce Yourself".  It's completely voluntary and there's only a few basic questions.  I'll start:

Name: Kristen

Home Country: USA

What was your favorite holiday present?  That's a hard one: I love Baby Yoda and got a stuffed Baby Yoda, Baby Yoda Throw, and a Baby Yoda light up lamp.  I also love technology and got my very first set of wireless earbuds!

Do you have any New Year's Resolutions?  Still working on that!

What's your favorite movie? This may sound corny, but I LOVE "Casablanca"!

What was your favorite vacation?  Mine was to Europe for my parent's 20th wedding anniversary (they've since been married 40 years).  They decided to take me and my sister on a cruise out of Rome and heading to Ephasis, Turkey, Athens, and Santorini.  We spent 3 days in Rome before the cruise and 3 days in London on the way back!

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

Welcome, @Red2021 ! I enjoy the challenges, too. Bingo is my favorite. I find it very motivating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, I'm really just getting used to the Versa. But so far just using it
to assure that I satisfy my daily activity goals. I also like the heart
rate monitoring, including the resting heart rate. Thanks for asking.
Best Answer

Hi

My name is Corie

I am from Mackenzie, BC

My FitBit

Be the best I can be for me

The Notebook

Cabo San Jose

Best Answer

Hi @Corie_N . Nice to see you here! Which Fitbit device did you get? What do you like the most about it so far? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm new to Fitbit and this help-site. 

What I find frustrating is that if you don't know your Fitbit model how can you find out which one it is?  Also I can't work out for the life of me how to put a photo on here so you clever people can help me. 

Whenever I want to ask a question I seem to have to choose which Fitbit the question refers to - but I don't know which model it is!

Please be gentle in your replies and if you can give me some help I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Frustrated and getting old.....from Bolton, Lancashire, England

Best Answer

Edit: @MickUK - Originally, your post showed up without a user name. Your name is showing up properly now. Were you able to figure out which Fitbit device you have? 

”not applicable” - It appears you have not set up a Fitbit account for yourself. Have you? I’m happy to try to help and hope you find this post. We all started out new at some point so please be patient with yourself. 

First - to set up a Fitbit account, on your phone or iPhone, go to the App Store or similar place where you can search for apps. Search for the Fitbit app. Once it is downloaded, you will be prompted to log in or set up a new account. I believe you will need to do this before any pictures can be added to your posts. 

As for which Fitbit device you have - Try doing a google search in a browser like Safari. Search for something like “list of all fitbit models.” Select  “images” from the top of the screen. You will find pages like those below. Or, if you believe yours is one of the newer models, point your browser to the Fitbit Store - https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/products. There are good pictures of Fitbit devices there.       

Once you have a Fitbit account, please come back here and I can help getting a picture into your post. 

EF82C67A-319A-4851-A303-E0D716BC42EB.jpeg

F1C73620-9D88-4708-A7BA-930B3A6556BD.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Name: Barbara

What was your favorite holiday present?  A gift of cash from my kind-hearted widowed brother-in-law. I purchased my first pair of very durable and comfy hiking boots.

Do you have a New Year's Resolution?  Keep walking.

What's your favorite movie? Hope Floats.

What is my favorite vacation? St. Petersburg, Florida. My son and grandson live there so it's always my favorite vacation.

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums, @barbarak333 ! Which Fitbit device do you have? I like your resolution. Now you have good hiking boots to accomplish it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Carol. I have an Inspire 2.

Best Answer

Hello I'm new here , I'm looking to buy a fitbit , I would like some advice which one to buy . I'm particularly looking for a fitbit , it doesn't matter which one and functions preferably newer model available but I would it to have a big continuous display of my heart rate . I know they all have heart rate display but my problem when I'm jogging I don't want to stop and put my glasses to look at my heart rate if the display is too small. Please anyone that might know which will be the better choice let me know . It will be so much appreciated. Thank you .

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MickUK, just adding on to what @SunsetRunner mentioned, if you look at the top of the forums, the models are pictured there. In addition, it will say which model you have on the box the Fitbit came in.

@paleksi As far as I know, there's no device that comes with the heart rate displaying prominently on any pre-loaded watch faces. However, for the smart watches, such as the Ionic, Versa series, or Sense, you can change the clock face after it's set up to a style that fits your needs better. Be warned: some watch faces have an extra charge for usage (none of the ones made by Fitbit do, but some third-party developers might).

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Name: Hi, My name is Tessie!

What was your favorite holiday present? I don't really have a favorite.  I just love spending time with my grown children and granddaughter for the holidays.

Do you have any New Year's Resolutions? I gave up on making them. 

What's your favorite movie? I have so many!  Remember the Titans!, Dirty Dancing, The Butterfly Effect, and many more

What was your favorite vacation?  I don't really have a favorite place either.  I try to make the best wherever I go, although, I do try to vacation during the summer months. Beach, camping, etc..  I LOVE warm/hot weather!!!😎

Best Answer

Favorite movie:  The Last of the Mohicans

Favorite vacation:  Sitting on the beach at Aptos near Santa Cruz, CA with my mom, brother and 2 sons

Charlene, USA

Best Answer

lifetime fitbit miles: Distance | 9,809.19 mi

I started using fitbit when I stopped running marathons. I like the fitbit product and app, but I don't actively track as often.

Currently I'm getting back into all-around training after spending too much time working and fixing up the house last year.

This is my first post in one of these community get-to-know-one-another forums.

Best Answer

@TessieSC @chlene36 @alphabets Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums! We're glad you're here. 

Some of the movies mentioned are also some of my fave. I love watching movies! 😊 I have finally been able to go back to the movie theaters recently which has been a fun treat. 

Well January came and went! If you're feeling friendly, hop over to our February Introduce Yourself thread. See you all around. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes