Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come say hi & introduce yourself (2019)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Welcome to the Fitbit family!

Whether you've just got your Fitbit or have been with us for years, share a little about yourself with the wider Fitbit fam. You might find someone with the same interests or even the same health goals as you. You can say hi any way you like but if you're stuck, kick it off with: 

1. Where in the world are you?
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal?
  3. How do you like to stay fit?
  4. What motivates you?
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Wow! Thanks to all of you for participating in this thread by taking a moment to introduce yourself!

What a great turnout for this thread. It's always nice to see new members of our community share a little bit about themselves & their health goals. We are going to continue the fun in a new thread so keep a lookout for it in our Mind & Body forum🙂

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1,908 REPLIES 1,908

Hello 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Emuir21 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hello! Smiley Very Happy

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi everyone,

1. Where in the world are you? I'm based in San Francisco at Fitbit HQ
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal? My current goal is to get my resting HR down. I've got it down from 67 to 64 and want to get it down to 62 by end of year.
  3. How do you like to stay fit? Walking! I really do walk everywhere and get my steps in. I do a higher intensity cardio a couple times a week whether it's 20 mins on an elliptical or a boxing class.
  4. What motivates you? To stay healthy for as long as possible so I can be active when I'm older and recover more quickly from illnesses.
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure? Binge watching shows on Netflix 😕 I feel much better about doing it when I've reached my daily step goal though 🙂
Best Answer

Hello there !

1. Where in the world are you? I'm based in Athens, Greece. 
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal? Lowering my resting HR (it's on 69 right now), doing at least one fitness activity per day, staying fit and energized.
  3. How do you like to stay fit? I like Walking, I love Les Mills Body Pump, I've recently started Running and I want to improve on that (better pace, greater distance, etc) and. I also dance once or twice a week (Swing / Lindy Hop) and I'm also thinking of buying a Bicycle soon... 
  4. What motivates you? Staying healthy and fit. 
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure. A big chunk of Chocolate after each fitness activity.
Best Answer

@LostEchoes ...two thumbs up for number five! Welcome to the community..see you around..

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
  1. Where in the world are you?
    USA, east coast.
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal?
    Right now? To lose 30 pounds.
  3. How do you like to stay fit?
    Walking and rowing machine.
  4. What motivates you?
    Being healthy.
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure
    Reading crappy gossip sites.
Best Answer
  1. Where in the world are you? California
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal? Lose weight Tone muscles
  3. How do you like to stay fit? Walk, Exercise bike, Boxing, Weights
  4. What motivates you? Losing weight, being fit
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure Dessert at a restaurant But I only allow my self if its a special occasion
Community Council Member

Best Answer
  1. Where in the world are you?  mountains of Virginia in the USA
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal? get stronger and lower the heart rate
  3. How do you like to stay fit?  walking, some gardening
  4. What motivates you? each day is a gift and an opportunity to grow
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure  chocolate, but also ice cream (local place makes it with their own milk!)
Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
  1. Where in the world are you? Currently, my husband and I are stationed in Oklahoma City, OK
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal? Run the Dallas Half Marathon in December.
  3. How do you like to stay fit? Daily walking and running.
  4. What motivates you? I need to lose about 20lbs to get back to my ideal weight, which will make running vastly more comfortable.  Also, I'm on a daily step streak -- achieving at least 10K steps per day. Currently on day 258 of my 10K step streak.
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure? Food (mostly desserts) and a great movie.  
Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Hola!

• Where in the world are you?
    • My screen name might give it away ... Baltimore
  • What is your current health/fitness goal?
    • Build muscle/lower body fat/maintain mobility.
  • How do you like to stay fit?
    • Be inefficient; take the longer slower steeper way 'round (multiple trips carrying stuff around the house, walk, walk, walk, bike commute, walk around the block and take the back entrance at work; take the stairs whenever available; use furthest bathroom; keep the remote on the TV)
  • What motivates you?
    • People who are older and fitter than me.  Jack LaLanne (no longer with us, but  ... WOW).
  • Favorite guilty pleasure
    • IPAs and red wine

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

@BTKuddle wrote:

• How do you like to stay fit?
    Walking and rowing machine.

Hmmm.  I don't know if I like rowing machines @BTKuddle .  I keep going back and forth on that ... 😉

@Heather-S -- a 258 day 10K step streak is pretty impressive!

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Cheers to All,

On the restoration shore line. I have been out of my sporty life style. And I am worthy get back in 

joy of exercising. Joy meaning reduces my own self driven motivating stress-sors. I have kick sugar, 

bread to the side including a lot my favorite fruits. Going the low carbohydrate diet. 

Have lost but surely not enough. 

I operate a small family business that is not mine however it has been a great learning curve. Prior 

work was care giving to love ones & before that was Health care Professional. Which why I am here 

in desperate to lose Jello that has latched on my poor wreck of body. 

*Enough said. I am seeking advise. I would like a FitBit watch I read so much to the point I can no longer can judge which is a good fit. I will be inside gym & outdoors exercising. 

*But I do not have my own mobile phone. Is there such a Fitness Tracker that can be utilize on my own Laptop?

I also like to keep a food diary just to keep me on track & out of the pity zone ( which is my snacking in bed) Big no no! 

I am set to go to a new gym. I want to learn to walk up 3 m/h again. I also enjoy rowing machine. And laugh at myself while trying to keep up in a dance class. My absolute favorite exercising is both swimming & cycling. 

Any suggestions or Ideas I appreciate it. 

Oh Yes, I am a female who is well secured with self.  Occasionally the nag in mind jumps out & makes mean comments. I tend to shut that nag off

Best 

Best Answer

Welcome

@WingsnFinnsYou can set it up on the computer. You need to download some software and set t up. You can get that here  Please scroll down

Connect

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Delighted to hear you are keeping fit for all the right reasons. Fitness both physically and mentally are really important. You never know when illness can cause you problems and  you have to be physically well to fight it. Hopefully that will never happen - knowledge from experience

Best Answer

Hello to everyone out there. I am from Derry in Northern Ireland. I have reached the goals I setup for myself and I am using Fitbit to help maintain those goals. I got a lot of help from a lot of people who are in the Fitbit community and for that I,m truly grateful. 

Best Answer

Thats is awesome @Neurofan 

Community Council Member

Best Answer

@BTKuddle wrote:
  1. Favorite guilty pleasure
    Reading crappy gossip sites.

OMG ... mine, too! Shhhhh, don’t tell. 🤫

Hey, welcome to the forums! 

Best Answer