Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come say hi & introduce yourself (2019)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Welcome to the Fitbit family!

Whether you've just got your Fitbit or have been with us for years, share a little about yourself with the wider Fitbit fam. You might find someone with the same interests or even the same health goals as you. You can say hi any way you like but if you're stuck, kick it off with: 

1. Where in the world are you?
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal?
  3. How do you like to stay fit?
  4. What motivates you?
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Best Answer
1,908 REPLIES 1,908

Nice to see you back, @FatherOfTen ! You are managing a lot, especially keeping type II diabetes in check. It sounds like you may also have some good tips to offer in the Are You Living or Just Surviving thread, if you have time.

I was so intrigued by your comment regarding diabetes, I started a new thread, looking for tips on how to control glucose levels. I invite you to check it out and share some of your tips. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Family, @WorthIt78!

I'm sure that you'll find friends here that will motivate you towards your health goals 😊

If my post was helpful, you can vote for it. You can also mark it as Best Answer if it was what you were looking for!
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @WorthIt78. Wow, you're really busy. 

I hope you find your motivation soon. How do you track your food and water?

I like sweet tea too!

Thank you for adding your comment @SunsetRunner,.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

I actually have not been tracking my food and such until yesterday.    and i use the fitbit tracker and just enter anytime i eat something. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

1. I'm in concordia Missouri

2. My goal is the have less stress.

3. I stay fit by walking and playing basketball

4. I motivate myself. Also my family

5. Eating chips... learning to not eat so many!!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Forum, @Ej1983 ! So nice to see you here! I had a chuckle at your #5. I think many of us struggle with that. Now that you’ve found us, I suggest you take some time to check out the other threads in the Mind & Body Forum. You may find ways to help manage stress. Myself, I frequently utilize the Relax app on my Fitbit device. I find it really helps. You may like it, too. 

Best Answer

@WorthIt78, you can find some posts with instructions about how to log your food. They can help you out.

@Ej1983, welcome! Yes, sometimes I eat lots of chips too and then I get stomach ache... Family can motivate us a lot. 

Thanks for the input @SunsetRunner.

Best Answer
  1. Where in the world are you? Slightly north of Atlanta, GA.
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal? Gain weight, build muscle and get back in shape after being on dialysis waiting for a new kidney for many years. I have my new kidney and I'm ready for the journey.
  3. How do you like to stay fit? Push ups, planks, squats, walking my dog (his name is Ob-Wan) and jogging (I used to do 5k and 10k runs before the kidney failure).
  4. What motivates you? A desire to be happy in my own body like I was before.
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure? Watching Star Wars movies and animated series over and over.
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @ThatsMrJedi! You really like Star Wars. 

I hope you can feel happy in your own body with your new kidney. 😄

Maybe you can share a picture of Ob-Wan.

Best Answer

I live on Johns Island, SC. My current fitness goal is 165 and fitness goal is to firm up the lose skin. I plan to stay fit by walking 5 to 6 miles a day and stay busy, especially this fall by raking and doing some gardening outside in the yard. What motivates me is not to ever get to 241 ever again and to be  around for my 2 great grandchildren and see my 17 grandchild continue grow. The guilty pleasure is cheese cake but not too much always in moderation.

Best Answer

Hello again, @bettyboopann56 - Nice to see you here, again. You mentioned before that the VA Move program was working well for you and that you had lost significant weight. How are you doing now? You may want to take a look at a couple of the other threads and maybe chat with folks there. 

With your success in weight loss, you may have suggestions to contribute in Healthy Eating. I’d sure be interested in what you’d have to say. I’m always looking for tips. A couple specific threads look interesting - Habits can make Weight Loss Easier or More Difficult and Healthful Snacks. As a grandmother, perhaps you can help the other grandmothers in the forums (like me!) keep snacking healthy for ourselves and for our wonderful grandchildren? 

Hope to see you there!

Best Answer

Hi there, @Imworthit - I like your forum name …. Yes! The effort to get healthier is definitely worth it. YOU are worth it! Your goal is to lose weight. Have you checked out the Manage Weight forum?  I especially like the the tips I’ve read in Healthy Eating. Personally, I find it easier to keep my eating on track by participating in that forum … reading what works for others … offering my own contributions to the conversations. What do you think? Hope to see you there!

Best Answer

Welcome to our community, @bettyboopann56. Wow, you did a great job losing that weight and you already have a plan to firm lose skin. I hope you can see your grand and great grand children grow for more years. 

Thanks for your comments @SunsetRunner.

Have an amazing day!

Best Answer

@ThatsMrJedi - That’s a great story! I admire your determination to move forward after such a big health issue! You may be interested in checking out the Get Moving forum. I’ve met some great people who were focused on the same goals to get, and keep moving. 

Tell Ob-Wan hi for me. What kind of dog is he? (A picture would be even better.) He must love your desire to walk more. 

On a side note, you may want to join this conversation. The title is about recovering from covid. I did not have covid but am recovering from a serious health issue and have joined the topic, as have others who are recovering from other issues. Hope to see you there. 

Best Answer
  1. Where in the world are you?COLORADO 
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal?BE MORE ACTIVE 
  3. How do you like to stay fit?ADVENTURES WITH MY DOGS😁
  4. What motivates you?BEING HAPPY 
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure..SCARY MOVIES 
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @OneFunOne

How many dogs do you have? Do you travel with them? 

Which is your favorite scary movie?

Best Answer

usa illinious ,i like staying in fit when cycling.

friends motivates me.looking forward to getting to know you all

Moderator edit: removed personal information.

Best Answer
  1. Where in the world are you?

London

1. What is your current health/fitness goal?

Taking down my blood sugar

1. How do you like to stay fit?

Eating healthy and little activity

1. What motivates you?

To stay health, there is no other reason.

1. Favorite guilty pleasure

IDK really, im not so much to sweet but again I pop the blood sugar

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us @moanamary and @modapillsriver. Welcome!

@moanamary, I'm glad to hear that friends motivate you. 😀

@modapillsriver, I hope that your blood sugar goes down.

Best Answer
  1. Where in the world are you?Daytona Beach, Florida
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal? Overall health, keep AC1 numbers down so I do not need to take Metformin for diabetes, lose 10-20 pounds. 
  3. walking, I started playing Pickleball and Croquet and was given an elliptical machine. I need some weight lifting exercise.
  4. I am 56 I want to get as healthy as I can to live the best last years of my life.
  5. sugar, carbs, Sangria. But I recently quit smoking. Yeah!!!!
Best Answer