Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come say hi & introduce yourself (2019)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Welcome to the Fitbit family!

Whether you've just got your Fitbit or have been with us for years, share a little about yourself with the wider Fitbit fam. You might find someone with the same interests or even the same health goals as you. You can say hi any way you like but if you're stuck, kick it off with: 

1. Where in the world are you?
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal?
  3. How do you like to stay fit?
  4. What motivates you?
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Best Answer
1,908 REPLIES 1,908
  1. Where in the world are you? Woodbury, Minnesota
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal? I want to lose 15 lbs by the summer, to begin training for a triathlon
  3. How do you like to stay fit? When the ground isn't covered in snow, I love jogging, cardio, vinyasa yoga and miscellaneous strength training routines
  4. What motivates you? Motivation comes and goes depending on my schedule, but maintaining general health to be able to stay fit and active as I grow up is my biggest motivator.
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure Binging Netflix documentaries and eating sweets (mainly chocolate) 🙂

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Best Answer

Hi All,

I am new to fitbit community. I recently started with my jogging passion. It's been 2 weeks of jogging practice, after which I ran full marathon (42.195 Kms) in Abu Dhabi. Hopefully, below answers may help you in better understanding me -

1. Where in the world are you? - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal? Reduction of 15 Kgs
  3. How do you like to stay fit? Eating Healthy, Doing fitness activities / jogging , Maintaining peace of mind
  4. What motivates you? An Ideal state, where defined goals are achieved
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure - Eating Junk (Pizza)
Best Answer

nshannon, thanks!  Great advice!  And, I appreciate the encouragement!

Best Answer

Welcome, KamalJ.  My cousin lives in Jubail, Saudi Arabia.  Maintaining peace of mind is important.  I'm goal oriented as well.  And, my guilty pleasure is also pizza.  Glad to have you here.

Best Answer

Hi Everyone!

1. Where in the world are you? I currently live in a tiny little town (Amenia, ND) outside of a small town (Casselton, ND) outside of a city (Fargo, ND) 🙂 
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal? My current goal is to lose 65 pounds.
  3. How do you like to stay fit? I currently teach a dance fitness class (XA Beat) 3x a week and have just started weight training to help things along.
  4. What motivates you? I love dancing - I'll do that for 3 hours rather than run. Vacations motivate me - I'm refuse to feel uncomfortable in a swim suit so that means the pounds have GOT TO GO!
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure - I like to play games on my phone - sometimes way too much - yikes!

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Best Answer
  1. Where in the world are you? I live in Horse Shoe Run, WV
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal? My sleep and my heart
  3. How do you like to stay fit? by monitoring my sleep and heart rate and blood pressure
  4. What motivates you?See results
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure sweets
Best Answer
  1. Where in the world are you? Los Angeles 
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal? FIT 
  3. How do you like to stay fit? Walking and diet 
  4. What motivates you? My Kids Lots of energy 
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure Cooking
Best Answer

Welcome @KamalJ  @MommyX3ND  @pvdoolittle  @Pretty-in-pink  Its great to have you here! Hope to see you around the forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

That's really nice. Thanks for your kind words. Looking forward to enjoyable journey of mutual fitness.

Best Answer

Thank you. It's great to be part of such a lovely group.

Best Answer

1. Where in the world are you?  Delaware
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal? To continue to strengthen my core and other muscles, as I have multiple spinal cord disorders and Lyme Disease.
  3. How do you like to stay fit? Walk on the Alter G machine, and my other PT exercises.
  4. What motivates you? The thought of becoming sedentary due to my chronic pain.
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure.  Twix
Best Answer

@kayakgirl017  Welcome! Hope to hear more about you

Community Council Member

Best Answer

HI EVERYONE!,

Where in the world are you? I live in Southern (Floyd Knobs) Indiana and I live 10 to 15 minutes from Louisville KY.

1. What is your current health/fitness goal? My current health is to get into shape. I’m a Special Olympics Of Indiana Athlete. I’m a seasonal player. I started in the Fall 2017 in Bowling.Then in early part of 2018 I started in Snow Shoeing. Then in the Summer of 2018 I started in Volleyball, then EKS Games I play Corn Toss and then after bowling Of 2018 I started 3 on 3 Basketball. I also like to walk and run, with my family. I like to learn how to ride a bike and I like to ride my recommend exercise bike. I like gardening and being out side. And doing Yoga and weights.
     My fitness goal is to try to put other exercise regime into my daily exercising and put that into a daily regimen and keep an exercise and food journal. As well as portion control and healthy foods. My Mom, Dad and I have been on Keto since Jan 2, 2019 and we lost all together a size of a petit person.
  2. How do you like to stay fit? I like to stay as much active on a daily bases. I like to do a mixture of things. I also like to keep a log of my workouts so I can keep track. I currently for this year am getting a Fitbit Versa 2 and used to have a Fitbit Flex for the longest time.
  3. What motivates you? My success thus far in my weight, my breathing and I guess stanima. In doing Keto and staying active. I like the results I’m seeing and experiencing thus far.
  4. Favorite guilty pleasure? LOL. Is it okay if I list more than one? My guilty pleasures are Alfredo sauce and pasta especially from Olive Garden. Fried biscuits, apple butter, fried chicken, and chicken and dumplings all homemade, we have a restraint in southern Indiana called Huber’s that is known for just that. Chocolate candies and especially the gordellies candies and the special peppermint ones. Being on Keto I cant have a lot of these things. Every once in a while I’ll have a cheat day but, it is not that too often.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Best Answer

Welcome @dzipperle  Yum I love Alfredo. 😁

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer
Spoiler
Hello,
I am new to this board but have been using my fitbit alta for years, however, my sleep tracking is off by a long shot.  I have been looking for a way to change the sensitivity to Normal.  Logged in on my computer and it is nowhere to be found.  Can someone help?  Thank you!
Best Answer

Hello Fitbit, I'm Hadley From Canada. Right now I'm In Canada. I've  been on Fitbit from Dec,16th,2019- Dec 17th,2019. Today is the 17th when posted. So I have no Fitbit. I want a Fitbit Versa 2. So I hooe

Best Answer

Hi everyone! 😉 So many people here, I loved reading everyone's posts. It's my turn... 

1. Where in the world are you? Guatemala City.
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal? Tone my body.
  3. How do you like to stay fit? Walk as much as I can everyday. 
  4. What motivates you? Have a good shape. I'm thin (I don't even have to lose weight), but don't like my body shape. For you to get an idea my height is 1.64 cm and weight is 105 lbs (110 every Monday after the weekend 😂, but by Wednesday I'm back to 105 or 106 lbs). Also, another thing that motivates me is having so much better health, need to quit sweet food and junk food as soon as I can, but is Christmas season (so difficult right now). 🙄
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure? Sweets get me.. I can't even tell what's my guilty pleasure. Last Thursday @LanuzaFitbit gave me a dozen of doughnuts and by Sunday there was not even one doughnut left. 😪

Good news is that in Feb of 2020 I will start again with the Keto diet (I did it only for 2 months this year and I loved it). 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi Everyone! 

I live in the San Francisco bay area, but NJ/NYC is home. Exercise is an important part of my well being. Currently, my goal is to lose weight, again. Luckily, I do enjoy exercise and being outdoors. Results motivate me along with reading other motivational stories in the Fitbit Community. 

My guilty pleasure is food. All food, with a few exceptions. I love food. Oh and wine too, it goes well with food. 

@MarreFitbit your #5 made me lol. 😁

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Welcome @Doggo001  Great to have you here!

@MarreFitbitLOL on 5. You didn't share your donuts?

@KateFitbit  Yum you got me on wine. Love it!

Community Council Member

Best Answer