Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come say hi & introduce yourself (2019)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Welcome to the Fitbit family!

Whether you've just got your Fitbit or have been with us for years, share a little about yourself with the wider Fitbit fam. You might find someone with the same interests or even the same health goals as you. You can say hi any way you like but if you're stuck, kick it off with: 

1. Where in the world are you?
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal?
  3. How do you like to stay fit?
  4. What motivates you?
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Best Answer
1,908 REPLIES 1,908
  1. Where in the world are you? Greater Boston area
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal? Get/stay fit
  3. How do you like to stay fit? Weight/power-lifting, cardio
  4. What motivates you? Knowing a history of diabetes, heart disease in family lineage
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure? An indiscriminate sweet tooth!

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Best Answer

@BloomingFitness  If you need any help just holler! Lots of people willing to help!

Welcome @DonnellT  Sweets get me every time. Don't have them often but so good when I do

Tonight Pumpkin Cheese cake for Thanksgiving Yummmmmmmm

Wont have any more sweets until Christmas

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thanks for the welcome @WendyB. Happy to virtually meet you. Pumpkin Cheesecake is the bomb! Restraining yourself until Christmas is commendable. If I can refrain from another slice of pumpkin pie until tomorrow, I'll be very happy.

Best Answer
I wish I had that kind of control over eating sweets, thankfully I can
control myself but have a little taste every day.
Best Answer

Hi. I'm an old guy, 77 last September and do some moderate workouts.

I was diagnosed with Afib about a month ago. I woke up in the middle of the night and my Fitbit said my HR was around 130 - I could feel the fluttering in my chest. I got to the hospital, got checked out and they put me on some meds to manage HR and a blood thinner.

Last night, we were at friends for Thanksgiving dinner. I probably had a bit too much wine and a couple of Pisco Sours. There were a couple of other stressful things last night.

Today, I saw the HR bouncing around again between about 70 and 90 (my normal rate at rest with the new meds is in the mid-50s. But...even though my watch is showing the erratic HR, when I look at my Fitbit dashboard online for today, it shows my HR in the mid-50s all day.

So, what's up with that? My watch seems to be picking up the change in HR but it's not being recorded online.

Best Answer
Hi my name is Millie c I love fitbit and hope to see more to come I am looking for more friends
Best Answer

Hi, My name is Shari.  I live in Southern Maryland.  My Mom passed away 3 years ago.  I gained 10 lbs. every year for 3 years after she passed.  This past May 11, 2019, my doctor said I would have to be put on blood pressure medication soon.  So, I did a 180 and went cold turkey on the DASH Eating Plan.  I plateaued after a few months so, I joined Noom.  I was able to break through the plateau and continued to lose weight.  After the two week trial, I stopped Noom and I've been doing it on my own ever since.  I'm sticking with the DASH Eating Plan 1,200 calorie diet, but with the exception of no sugar instead of a little sugar.  I've lost a total of 12 lbs. and 6" off my waist.  Also, I ride my stationary bike 5 miles every day which burns 200 calories.  In addition, I try to walk 1 mile a day (weather permitting).  And on weekends (weather permitting), I walk 2.6 miles at the park.  What I've learned is that I need to exercise and eat healthy all of the time; including, holidays and vacation and for life.  I'm hoping to find a friend or friends on here, because I am struggling right now.  My current need is advice regarding how to live this way for the rest of my life.  Thank you.

Best Answer

Welcome @irishmikedavis  @SunsetRunner  @SunsetRunner Great to have you here. Keep us posted as you how you are doing

Community Council Member

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner , You are doing so well,  I'm impressed.  You sound determined and thoughtful and so smart to want a good plan.  I have exercised for decades every day.  Just my opinion but I feel the critical factor whether in regard to diet or exercise is to avoid anything that requires "will power" or that you can't find a way to enjoy, or work into a routine and make into a habit.  I don't like anything about exercise.  I like to read and I feel guilty if I waste time reading a lot so I read while walking on my treadmill.  It is a routine and habit so strong that I get sort of confused if the newspaper doesn't arrive when it should.  I get the paper and my coffee and read the paper on my treadmill.  I can also read on my stationary bike later in the day.   In regard to diet.  you need to work hard at  finding 10 things to eat that you really enjoy and know how to get or cook or whatever easily that have fewer calories that the 10 things you often ate when you gained the 30 pounds.  It is easy to cook and like high calorie stuff.  But there are great things to eat that you would like just as well if you look for them.  The reason people lose weight easier than they maintain is because they run out of enthusiasm and will poser and go back to old fattening favorites.  Learn some new better favorites.  Plain fat free greek yogurt with frozen blueberries in it is a better choice than regular ice cream.  Fresh strawberries coated with hot melted chocolate wafers (you can find in the produce department, that have 80 calories for 9)  is lots fewer calories than pastries baked.  etc.   Don't try to do the impossible.  Make it easy on yourself.  You can do it.

Best Answer

Thank you, WendyB!

Best Answer

Thank you, Glenda.  I really appreciate you.  I feel encouraged!  The plain fat Greek yogurt and fruit is a staple of mine.  I will definitely follow through with both the food and exercise advice.  

Best Answer

Hi irishmikedavis,  I'm new too.  When I first got my Fitbit, I had one time where my my devices were not syncing.  I tried the easy fix of turning off the device that wasn't syncing and turning it back on and it worked.  Also, in the Help section type, "Why won't my Fitbit device sync?"  Hopefully, you will find an answer there.  If not, let me know and I'll do more research for you.  Let me know when you have the issue resolved.   

Best Answer

Hi, Shari. Keep up the good work. I've been a yo-yo dieter for years. I don't have a problem with the right foods - I like every **ahem** thing. My problem has always been portion control. I love the taste of food and even though I feel like I'm full, I want to keep experiencing the tastes that are on my plate.

I lean toward the so-called Mediterranean Diet because I love Italian food. We've been to Italy and seen how they eat there. A typical meal (in a restaurant - not at home, maybe) is a small starter. That could be some salami, but only a little with a small piece of cheese. Next, is a pasta course, but it's served on something like a sandwich plate, not the big platters we have here. You follow that by a meat or fish course (unless you're a vegetarian) and that is about a 4-ounce portion with some veggies on the side. You enjoy a small glass (or two) of wine. They don't typically eat big desserts except at holidays. We found fresh fruit (cut up like fruit cocktail - they call it Macedonia) was common.

Each course looks small, but if you put it all on one plate, it's plenty of food. And, typically, the Italians where we've been, walk all the time so that helps. I have finally learned not to overeat - it took years and lots of complaining from my wife, but I think I've done it. Do find foods you like and that are fairly easy to prepare. Good luck. You have a lot of company in this.

Best Answer

Thank you, irishmikedavis.  I appreciate all of the information you provided.  I'm Italian and the Mediterranean diet sounds excellent!  I'm going to research more about it.  

Best Answer
  1. Where in the world are you? South Carolina
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal? To lose another 5 pounds and to get into better shape. Abs/buns of steel would be nice. 🙂
  3. How do you like to stay fit? Walking 
  4. What motivates you? Seeing so many people my age who are over weight struggling with their health. I am never getting old!
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure I don't have one! You only live once and why feel guilty if you are happy!
Best Answer

Welcome @SCPrettyWoman 

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I'd like to vote Glenda's reply as Best Answer.  There is no option to do so.  I thought I would post a reply   to acknowledge it. 

Best Answer

Looking for FitBit friends to do challenges with. Here is a little about me . . .

1. Where in the world are you? Upstate NY in the Catskills
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal? to be fit fab and 40.
  3. How do you like to stay fit? Ride my horse, walk the dogs and ride my indoor training bike.
  4. What motivates you? The scale and friends
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure is Cheese and Chocolate.

Please send me a friend request if you want to be challenge buddies. Thanks!

Best Answer
Hi,

I need some challenges! If you post them I'll try to make it happen. I'm
from Indiana but born and raised in Western NY area. Walking and recently
Pure Barre workouts are keeping me fit. I love anything sweet and vanity
keeps me motivated. I have another 10 lbs to go to be a fit and fan 60!😄
Best Answer

Hey, 

I am MangoGrape_1 and I love mangos and grapes. And I love 💓 Fitbit

Best Answer