Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Blog: Change your state change your life, Katrina Calvin

self-care-isn-t-selfish-signage-2821823.jpg

Change your state change your life - Katrina Calvin 

To improve your mental health state why not keep a gratitude journal? Write down at least 10 things you are thankful for daily. This will help you to stay in a state of gratitude. There is power in giving thanks and developing an attitude of gratitude.

Affirmations are a set of positive statements that you affirm to be true for you. You may not believe them at the start, but the more you say it daily, the more you will start to believe them. For greater results, why not record yourself speaking out the affirmations in your own voice and play it aloud each day. Also, practice mirror work saying your affirmations in front of the mirror. Learn to love yourself, this practice will help you to improve your self-esteem and self-confidence.

You should also take the time out to have some quiet time and meditate. Even if it's just for five minutes to clear your mind. A lot of people find it hard to silence the mind. Remember, you are not the mind and not even the body. Thoughts will come and go as you sit in silence, allow them to be. Practice these 3 steps daily and your beliefs will start to shift as you develop these new habits. I really hope these steps help to improve your mental health as they have done for me.

--

Please note that content published here is written by Fitbit Community members and does not reflect any opinions or official positions of Fitbit. The Community Blog entries are published as submitted and are not edited for grammatical or other accuracy. This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for medical diagnosis or treatment. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or condition. Always check with your doctor before changing your diet, altering your sleep habits, taking supplements, or starting a new fitness routine.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

An attitude of gratitude! I love that phrase and work hard to make that happen. Great blog, Katrina!

Best Answer

thats a nice work

Best Answer

great post

Best Answer

It took me a long time to realize that. I am not at the point where I don't care if people feel bothered because I want "me time" over their time. I am not good to myself if I am busy taking care of other people's lives; especially when they don't care about mine.

Today, I put myself first.

Best Answer

I choose to be glad of my body and to be alive.

Best Answer

good moto to live by

Best Answer

Great post @Katrinacalvin! I've always find it difficult to silence the mind to meditate, but trying to suppress thoughts wasn't working for me, so I just allow them to be, as you mentioned. 

That's a very good moto to live by and one that we need to remember ""Self care isn't selfish". We're not really able to care about anyone else if we don't care about ourselves. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes