Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit band with medical alert symbol

I am a Type1 diabetic, and my doctor wants me to wear a medical alert identification at all times.  Big problem:  They're all UGLY!  I wish Fitbit would make and sell Fitbit bands that include the medical alert symbol.  Then we could "kill 2 birds with 1 stone!"
I wrote to Fitbit to make this request, and they suggested I come to a discussion board to see if others have the same wish.  I hope LOTS of you would be interested, and then maybe they'd do this for us!

Best Answer
104 REPLIES 104

For those in the UK and have the Charge 2 there is this one that does a variety of medical conditions as well as a custom text version for about £15 with £4 delivery

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FJXMZGM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_sxT.Cb1470TDQ?th=1

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing, @lawrencewilliam !

Best Answer

fwiw....

Got into a discussion with someone at work about this, starting looking into options, and found an app for the ionic and versa. that combines the info and a watch face. here is the link:

https://sites.google.com/view/jomis003/home

Granted it's not on the band, but pressing the left button on the versa, and tapping the icon brings up the info.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi do you do a badge that will fit the Versa2?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @reigngray . Fitbit does not sell bands with Medical Alerts, but this third party company sells customized clips that look like they would fit your Versa 2 band. There are other companies that sell similar products. You can do a search on Amazon for “Medical Alerts, Fitbit” to see what they offer. Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have purchased this exact medical ID from this company, it will fit the
band and looks very nice.
Best Answer

image.jpg

 I got this clip for my Alta from American Medical ID. I love it and it fits nicely on my band.

Best Answer
Hi And thanks for information, unfortunately this has been the case for
quite a long time now so there is no change there we don’t just need a
badge on the strap need an actual alert available on the Watch. I have an
ionic because it tracked me without me having to take a phone which I love.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone

I just transitioned to an Ionic from a Versa
I'm not sure if you are saying an app that needs to alert someone in the event of an issue, or if you're referring to a static display of key information. If it's the latter, I would recommend the MED ID app. It allows for all med info, as well as a few extra items. The developer Co-wrote a watch face to go with it, so a left button press and a tap on the medic icon brings up the info. I've used in both devices and had no issues thus far

Best Answer

I would like a medical alert band also. I am pacemaker dependent so it would be nice to have both in one. Hope they make one.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought the cable-style bracelet from N-Style ID, and it wears really well with my Versa. Originally I wanted it all in one, but having the bracelet separate allows me to still have my bracelet on when I am charging my watch or dressing up and not wanting to wear my watch. Plus, I can just shower in the bracelet and not worry about forgetting to put it back on.

I get tons and tons of compliments on my med alert bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I will check it out. I have bought 2 before but they are large.
Thank you for the advice.
Best Answer
0 Votes

YES! Our 8-ywar-old has T1D. She won't wear a medical alert band, but she wears her Fitbit everywhere. I would buy this in a heartbeat.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AWhite697 - During these difficult times, I believe it best to rely on traditional necklaces and bracelets. My nephew is a paramedic and he says those are the first places they look. Please tell your 8 yo she must do this for her own safety. You can still order them online.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there if u head over to the Fitbit gallery and type in “MED ID” into the search bar u can get an app that u can download onto ur Fitbit and it will display all ur necessary medical info like ur diabetes 

Best Answer

Thanks for letting us know, @Crippy_11 . I just checked it out and downloaded it. Nice app. I still believe the traditional bracelet or necklace is important but this app allowed me to enter more details of what is summarized on my necklace. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you I will do that.
Thanks again
Best Answer

@Crippy_11 :  thank you sir.  I have actually been using it Since October.

Screen shots are on a previous post in this thread.

Got the app as well as the Watch face, which has a Medic Alert symbol on it.

by Tapping on the symbol from the watch face, the app comes up with the data

I do agree with @SunsetRunner that something on the band is still good as a visual indicator.

Best Answer

Hi there. So I know there is a company called ICE ID that makes Watch tags that can attach to the side strap and so that way u have the details right there. Not sure if they deliver world wide though. Link down below to an image

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.rRG4USl...

Best Answer
I tired to download the app but it said my Fitbit was not compatible. I
have the charge 3. I wish it would have worked.
Best Answer
0 Votes