Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit wrist product for repeating buzz (silent meditation timer, tabata timer)?

ANSWERED

I am looking for a wrist placed product that can be used to give a short buzz at given intervals. Say once every 5 minutes. It shall just buzz and then be quiet again. Not require me to tap it.

I have so many use cases for this. Meditating on the bus. Changing yoga poses while staying mindful. Help focus on tasks, or taking breaks. Tabata.

Does anyone see that any existing Fitbit wrist product can do this?

Or, I would be willing to program an app myself, but it seems the Web API only allows for alarms. Which is a no go since they require the user to tap the wristband to silence the alarm.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Letters and welcome to the forums. What an intriguing idea. To my knowledge, none of the Fitbit devices - wrist or clip - offer a Fitbit feature like that. But I found a couple apps There are a couple apps available for the Versa 2 that may come close to what you are looking for. They are listed under Meditation Timers and Interval Timers. The one called St,,Pulse Timer allows you to set vibrations at intervals over a maximum of 999 minutes. The interval time called Sequences might also be worth a look. My best suggestion at this point is to purchase the Versa 2 from a local retailer that has a good, “return for any reason” policy, like Costco or Best Buy. Check it out. Try the apps. See if they work for you. Do this within the return window. I understand your needs are specific, but I believe you will enjoy all the other features of the watch, too.   

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Letters and welcome to the forums. What an intriguing idea. To my knowledge, none of the Fitbit devices - wrist or clip - offer a Fitbit feature like that. But I found a couple apps There are a couple apps available for the Versa 2 that may come close to what you are looking for. They are listed under Meditation Timers and Interval Timers. The one called St,,Pulse Timer allows you to set vibrations at intervals over a maximum of 999 minutes. The interval time called Sequences might also be worth a look. My best suggestion at this point is to purchase the Versa 2 from a local retailer that has a good, “return for any reason” policy, like Costco or Best Buy. Check it out. Try the apps. See if they work for you. Do this within the return window. I understand your needs are specific, but I believe you will enjoy all the other features of the watch, too.   

Best Answer