Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbitting with "Man's Best Friend" (upload dog photos here)

ANSWERED

We live in "Steinbeck country" (Salinas Valley/Monterey County), named after the famous author John Steinbeck. And just as Steinbeck documented his journeys with his beloved dog in "Travels with Charlie", I'm going to photojournal in this thread my "Travels with Melody".

A lot has changed in Salinas since the days of Steinbeck. But some things haven't changed that much. Today we visited the childhood home of Steinbeck, which has been restored to its original beauty.

DSC_0045 resize.jpg

Down the street from the Steinbeck House is the Steinbeck Public Library, with a bronze statue of the author at the front entrance. I don't think Melody's ever seen a statue before. At first she was puzzled that he didn't greet her - or even flinch one little bit.DSC_0047 resize.jpg

Then she surprised me and became downright ornery!

DSC_0069 resize.jpg

So I took her back to to dog training school for some proper obedience training. Of course, she passed with flying colors.

DSC_0018 resize.jpg

Please share photos of your fitbitting friends here!

Best Answer
844 REPLIES 844

Sadly my shadow dog Frisko passed on the 1st of June after 7 months of being diagnosed with a high grade lymphoma. But no tears guys, this boy was enjoying hiking till almost the last day of his wonderful life. He had even hiked more than 450 km in May and even 30 km running in mountains the day before he passed.

3 weeks after Frisko's diagnostic, I adopted Naya, a beautiful 2 years old border mix girl (Border x Samoyed x Golden x Brittany) that was rescued from a gypsy camp. I'm lucky as she's an extraordinary dog too, hiking up to 61 km in one single day (D+ 2600m). After 5 months of handover with Frisko, she has taken his position of Chief Canine Officer of the pet food company I'm working for. She has inherited of a Whistle Fit activity tracker after having tried the Fitbit Zip and the Animo (SurePetcare).

@naya_gypsyborder
20190328_151120.jpg

Best Answer

Melody and I have been fitbitting together now for 6 years and counting!  Here she is last month on one of the trails at the Fort Ord National Monument:

SNY01845.jpg

Best Answer

She looks just as ready to go as ever @rightdx.  Good to see you around.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Capturing someone's special day is not a task for the faint of heart, and it's probably not the best place to start if you're new to photography. Wedding and Event Photography in Nagercoil is, without a doubt, the most in-demand segment in the photography industry these days. When it comes to selecting a wedding photographer to record their special day, couples exercise extreme caution. First and foremost, you should determine which camera is best suited for your wedding. Because the quality of your wedding images is determined by the quality of your camera.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's Walter, all packed up in the car and waiting for the rest of the luggage after Mrs Vidd and I have been boating.  Walter quite likes it, but finds the walking too flat.IMG_0173.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes