Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group for cancer survivors

Started a group for cancer survivors to help with special foods that are geared towards health and reducing reoccurrence as well as healthy body in regards to shape, muscle, etc. Please send me a friend request if you’d like to join shoot me a message

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi, welcome to the Community forums @janicesoulliere!  

It's an excellent idea, I'm sure you'll be able to find many people to join your group in the Community. Here are some threads in the discussion forums where you can find more people to add:

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

@janicesoulliere that's great! And I am sure it will be a great place to exchange stories and check in with people who are going through a similar thing. Wishing you and yours a happy, healthy holiday season🎅

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm fighting cancer right now would love to be part of a group. -Debbie

Best Answer

Love your idea @janicesoulliere!  This will be very helpful to others living with and beyond cancer. Caregivers and family members are also cancer survivors. So I think that you will be helping a lot of people. 👏

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am recovering from a mastectomy/reconstruction.  Have not started radiation yet. I have just started getting back into the swing of things at the gym.

Best Answer

Can you please send me an invite? Currently in remission but would love to connect with others. 

Best Answer

Is there anyone out there in Fitbit Land that has a cancer group? I would like to join...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @I_Walk_4_Me  scroll up and see the people who posted to this thread where your own post was merged.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Good idea. I hope this group can help people recover faster. After cancer, many people can no longer and do not want to take care of health, thinking that they could beat the worst. But any oncologist will tell you how important it is to keep the body toned by not giving it unhealthy foods. My oncologist doctor showed me a ct26 tumor model of the behavior of cancer cells growing like a living organism. It was saturated with fats and those components that are present in food. So the nutritionist worked with me long after my recovery. I was recommended liquid foods, nuts, and anything that could be classified as "healthy and not tasty." This helps me recover faster after chemotherapy and return to a normal lifestyle.

Best Answer

Sending you a friend request. In my circle of friends, thankfully, no one is battling cancer. My friends don't quite understand the unique role I am current in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

God bless you i will also love to support

Best Answer
0 Votes