Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I see average steps?

I finally poked around, and saw that when looking at my profile, I can see my friends average daily steps (I think it showed for past 7 days).

Question:  How can I view MY average daily steps for past week? 

I mean, I know I can go to my dashboard, and see my total.. And see my totals per day...  But didn't know if there was a place that I could quickly see my average, that shows to my friends?

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Your average is also on your list of friends. Just open up the friends list and it will show

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a more exact way to see it on the website?  The friend view only shows an average rounded up ... our work has challenges based on actual number of steps...my goal is 9600 ...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Where is this average???? I don't see it anywhere. I see friends averages and friends actual steps
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Calliestar- in the app go to the friends line- it is right under challenges which is right under dashboard. Click on friends and you will see the 7 day average for you and your friends. It is a rolling 7 days so it will change everytime you sync.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I see my friends, but I'm not there at all 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Calliestar wrote:
Where is this average???? I don't see it anywhere. I see friends averages and friends actual steps

If I click on the Steps item in the Dashboard of the App, it brings up a chart for the steps for the week. In the upper righthand corner, just above the "F", there is a small square symbol. If I press that, it brings up another chart for the steps where I can select, 1 Week, 1 Month, etc.  Below the number of steps displayed, it displays "Daily Avg x,xxxx".  

With this, I can seed the Daily Avg for the Week, or the Month, or the Year...

Best Answer
That is exactly where it is!!! Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

we must have different versions of the app.. I am glad @USAF-Larry helped you!

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wonder. Maybe different platforms have different app formats. Thank everyone for the help!!! 😘
Best Answer
0 Votes

@emili @Calliestar

I suspect since @Calliestar has a Samsung she's looking at the Android version of the app. On the Fitbit.com dashboard, here's another way to see your total and average steps for the week. You can also set the date for the page back to whatever ending date you want. That's how I get totals each week for the post I make on Facebook. Sunday morning I set the date back to Saturday so I have a full week's numbers to report.

Steps Total Average.PNG

Hope this helps!

SebringDon | Florida USA | Fitbit's Food Plan Demystified

Charge HR, Flex | Windows 10 | Android | iPad

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much. This was very helpful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, so I never really saw the news to adding friends (people I didn't know) on Fitbit... Esp bc I can't take part in challenges, or atleast haven't been able to yet, bc I have mult chronic diseases that stop me from being active. But I have good and bad days, as everyone. And I am trying to slowly rehabilitate myself. To decondition myself after being in bed sick for 12 yrs. 

Anyway, to get to my question!!! A few days ago fitbit gave me advice on the app saying to " add a friend who averages 700 steps (or more) a day" Now I know that sadly sounds like nothing, but that's alot for me. Anyway I was wondering how to even find someone who does that.... I see everyone's answer above but that's I'd they are already your friend. I need to FIND "friends" who avg abt that I guess..... And I am assuming fitbit suggested that bc that's around what I do.?

Anyway any help to that would be GREATLY appreciated!!! And any extra help you think I could use to benefit me would be as well!!

Thanks a ton! 

Best Answer
0 Votes