Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learn to manage your emotions!

Emotional healing is important for your soul to find calm, shelter and for you to express your emotions in an assertive way.

I used to be an overthinker person, it's hard for me to take a decision and I can get very stressed because of this, so actually I'm working to nourish my mind with content like music and healthy practices that invite to relaxation, peace and tranquility and this way manage my emotions in a better way.

Reading, watching documentaries and investing in your personal development and mental health is always a good idea.

What are your tips to manage your feelings and emotions? 

feelings.jpg

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I write in a journal. This allows me to get all of my emotions out there, on paper (screen). I’ve been doing this since I was a teenager. Sometimes just acknowledging the emotions is enough to let me move on. Other times, it helps me analyze a situation and determine what (if anything) could/should be done to deal with it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find that exercise helps me deal with stressful emotions. I think through whatever is bothering me and, even if I don't find a solution, I always feel better afterwards. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner That is a good tip. I used to write when I was sad or very angry and couldn't fight hahaha. Thanks for sharing!

Hi @alexthecat. I have a nephew who does the same as you, and I see him more relaxed and he stays in shape, I think that is a very good tip that all of us should get.  😀

Have a nice day! 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer

Hi @CindyMFitbit. It seems that we have a lot of things in common but I'm still an overthinker...

After pandemic I've searcched for things to manage stress in better ways and found out that meditation has helped. I'm still learning but I have searched for things that can help. Also praying has helped me a lot. 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer

@AndreaFitbit It's true, but it's nice to know that you are not the only one with those kinds of feelings 🤗

These are very good tips, and I hope you continue finding new ways to control stress and your emotions.

Take care! 

Best Answer

I used to be a very emotional person. I could wind myself up into a good cry with almost no effort. And then one day I took a look at what was actually upsetting me and realized there is no reason. none. I was wasting time on self pity and stress over things that didn't matter or didn't change anything for me for the good or the bad. So I gave it up. Now, I assess if its worth my stress and emotions before spiraling. I haven't had a meltdown without cause in years. It actually helped improve my outlook, my communication, my intelligence around what makes me spiral and a side effect is that my family and friends know that if I am reacting- its serious and I need help. For sure not for everyone, but our mind is so powerful it can make us do things we may not need to if we can calm and control. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing @emili

That is very true, specially when you mention that the mind is so powerful, now I remember that I used to take everything personal, I worked so hard on that and finally I achieved it, now it doesn't affect me so much. 

I will take your tips to stop spending my time on things that only cause stress. 

Best Answer

I would really like to become a little more restrained, as I'm usually too impulsive and emotional.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wrte my diary and I like to go walking or running. 

Best Answer
0 Votes