Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little ways to get more steps in - what are your hacks for extra steps?

Little ways I get more steps in:

•  getting off the bus a few stops early
  • catching the bus a few stops further away
  • offering to have meetings at other people's offices so I can get some movement in
  • walking the long way to the photocopier (we are so programmed to find the short way so I've tried to flip this inclination)
  • parking at the furthest away park from the supermarket door
  • taking back someone else's trolley
  • regular walking dates with friends. Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday if have a standing coffee walk with my bestie. 

What do you do?

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

All of the above but I also have the 250 steps per hour go off so I get up and walk each hour

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I have an established routine of morning, afternoon and evening walking or running. There are rest days built in so my feet don't hate me, but my biggest tip is to create a routine and make it not optional. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

When it's warm enough, I got out for a walk at lunch!

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great suggests 😊

I try to take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator whenever possible.  I also try to make more trips when carrying things from the car, such as groceries.  Instead of trying to carry in a huge load(s), I try to take a more manageable amount each time and then make more trips.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I always walk while listening to music! It surprises me the amount of steps I get after an hour of doing this. It's not exhausting at all because I'm concentrated on the music 😎

Taking the stairs instead of the elevator is a great option as well. I've been doing this for a while and it does help a lot. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes