Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for people with low daily steps like me :)

Hello! I am recovering from a bad injury and have other physical limitations. I am lucky if I get 2-3k steps a day. I’m slowly working up to more, but it’s not a short road. I have a lot of friends who invite me to challenges and such and it’s great but it does not motivate me because I’ll never be anything but last place. Over the months it was fine but I think I would benefit from people who are like me. Not that I need to win, I just want to feel like I have a fighting chance! Haha. Can anyone point me to a community like this? Are you part of one and can friend me/invite me to challenges? Thanks in advance 🙂

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Hi @SarahHa,

I don't know of any communities like that off-hand. I've had some health issues that have kept my steps around 3K for a bit now. There are some of us out here. 🙂

Maybe some more people will reply to this thread, and you can start a community. Or you are welcome to send me a friend request if you want. It would be nice to not always be at the bottom of my friends list in terms of steps, haha. Best of luck.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Yay! Thank you davey I will friend you!!!

Best Answer

Oops, I accidentally cancelled it. Sent you one back. 🙂

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Haha got it!

Best Answer

Hi Sarah! I just wanted to give you a "keep it going" comment! I injured my ankle last year and spent over 6 months in PT, so I understand the recovery road and how frustrating it can be. Don't give up ~ it gets better! I totally get wanting people around you who will motivate you and understand the support you need. 🙂

Keep at it!

Best Answer

I might still beat you, but if you want to friend me you can. I average about 7,500 steps on a good week, and usually at least 2,000. So it might not be what you are looking for, but if you want to friend me, just send it in!😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay thank you so much! That’s what I’m looking for! Someone who beats me is fine, I just want it to motivate me to try and it’s hard to try when it’s 10k or more each day 😂😂🤣

Best Answer

Thank you so much chark, that means a lot 🙂

Best Answer

Just so you know, I am friends w/ some incredibly high steppers, so if you join my contests, you might place bad (like I usually do). I have a friend that averages 35-45k steps a day and another that averages 90-100k. In the end though, I mainly do it for the community interaction. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hahha I’m used to that so no worries 🙂 thank you!

Best Answer

Hello there,

I am in the same boat as you when it comes to a low step count.  I have a major problem with my right hip that sometimes stops me from walking all together.  There are many times I do my walking exercise while pushing a walker or using 2 canes.

I am hoping that with some dedication and motivation from others that I will be able to lower my body weight and that may in turn reduce the problem with my hip.

If you want, add me as a friend and we can challenge each other to a hobble race.  LOL

Clayton

Clayton Mattatall
Best Answer

Don't Give up! keep going!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hobble race!!! Hahaha I love it!!! Thank you will do!!

Best Answer

Thank you so much LMP!!

Best Answer

Hi Sarah and anyone else reading this!

I’m really new to the whole community thing so I don’t know how to do anything! But I am looking for people who are also not crazy steppers. I’ve got really bad mental health and I struggle to get out the house most days. So I don’t hit the 10,000 unless I’m having a good day and my partner is able to come out on a wander with me. The rest of the time I’m just pottering round the house. Although I’m trying to do things to be more active while inside. So if you would like to friend me and maybe share ideas on how to be more active while housebound or if anyone is in a similar situation then ‘hello!’ X

Best Answer
0 Votes