Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motivation and Depression

You guys may have guessed what I'm going to talk about here, Depression and Motivation. They are completely opposites. Let me start by saying somethings about me. 1. I have had depression for 5 years. 2. I have been suicidal for half of those years. 3. I was bullied and sexually abused for 1 year, and that is what had led me to write this. To write to others who can't sleep at night from nightmares and who just want to lay in bed all day. Those who are bullied and believe the lies they are told about never being good enough. Even for those who beat themselves up about weight and motivation. 

Here are my tips to you:

1. Get out of bed and into some clothes! It will really help you if you set a time to get up. Don't push yourself too hard, but be sure to get out of bed! I know comfy clothes are tempting, but dressing up makes you feel good too.

2. Go for a long walk, with a direct family member (I would say friend but due to COVID-19, I can't), with your dog, with yourself. It doesn't matter. Bring music, bring a treat, bring a sibling. do something to get out in the fresh air. Even if it's only for 5 minutes.

4. Go in the sunshine, call a friends, write a poem, take a bath.

3. And don't forget to treat yourself for even the small things. 

Loser-Girl

*Loser Girl
Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Good advice, @Loser-Girl .But I would change your name to “Loser-Girl - no more” 

Best Answer

fantastic messaging @Loser-Girl .. and I wholeheartedly agree with Carol- change the name. That is not who you are. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Hey, I don't know if you're still checking this thread, but I have a long history of depression too (currently controlled with meds, thank goodness). Feel free to friend me if you want!

Best Answer

Yes hello all, I have had problems with depression for my entire adult life (I've been recently diagnosed with aspergers which is probably the root cause in my case). Would love to friend y'all if you'd have me. 

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing those tips @Loser-Girl, and welcome to the Community forums @SarahLastname

I think discussions about depression and anxiety are particularly important during these times. There are many people struggling with this all over the world. 

I hope to see comments from other members of the Community to know what everyone's doing to keep their mental health. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Well i always have kinda of depression and lack of motivation, i think all the people have those problems. Zero Friends, crapy jobs, bad physical conditional, i also frequently have sucidal thoughts

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for being brave to talk about depression/motivation.  

Best Answer
0 Votes