Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Wife and I decided to have a week of NSV's!

So, my wife and I decided that we would do a week of NOT worrying about the scale, and instead focus on NON-Scale Victories. 

We weren't sure what it was going to look like when we started, but I think we were happy with where it ended.

We put together a video on it where WE BROKE UP WITH THE SCALE and decided to focus on movement, being healthy, and finding those little wins in places we didn't expect to find them.

HOLY COW, we were blown away at the end of it.

Next week will be all about going the OTHER direction. Specifically, how much weight can we lose in a week. I have NO idea where it will go, or how it will end... but once more, we're excited to find out.

Anyways... this leads to my ACTUAL QUESTION for the community...

What is the big non-scale victory that you still cherish as the one that told you that you were doing things right?

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

@RubyHunter4  you are a fun couple. I enjoyed watching the video and seeing how you're handling things. A non-scale victory makes sense. For me, it's when the clothes fit better and not as snug. For a friend of mine, her victory is being able to wear a specific pair of pants, which she keeps in the closet for when she feels she's lost enough weight. Anyway, it looks like you're well on your journey. Thanks for sharing.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hello @RubyHunter4, welcome to the community forums! @Odyssey13, nice to see you around and thanks for your comment! 

@RubyHunter4, I watched the video and believe me, I love it 😂, especially because I was a little discouraged of not being able to lose more weight in the past moth.

Well, for me, a non-scale victory worth celebrating, is to be able to buy a piece of clothing that I know it doesn't quite fit now but I would love to wear. Or being able to wear those T-shirts that I think I will fit into them again one day. This will be one way to inspire myself! 

Thanks for sharing your experience! 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

I've started to watch all your videos ... your friends were definitely right to tell you guys to start a YouTube channel .. loving it so far 🙂 

My biggest NSV so far has been being able to fit into proper workout clothes for the first time ever & actually like how I look! 

Best Answer

Hello @SecretSelkie, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community! 

Thanks for sharing your NSV! Definitely the video that @RubyHunter4 and his wife have shared, has motivated everyone 😊

Have a great day! 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

Thanks for the welcome @WilsonFitbit  ... I've had my Fitbit for 6 weeks now & i'm loving the supportive community on the app.. I didn't realise till now that this was different 🙂

Best Answer

Hi, welcome to the Community forums @RubyHunter4😁

I just bought new clothes this last weekend and I have to say that's my NSV of the last couple of weeks; I had checked them out months ago and now they fit perfectly. 😎

It's good to see you around in the Community for the first time as well @SecretSelkie. Don't forget to step by here to say hi to all the other Community members: Come say hi & introduce yourself.

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Thanks so much for watching it. We're really happy with the victories we had.

We put up a second one after this video where we decided to finally weigh in and see how much weight we could lose the next week.

The results were IMPRESSIVE to say the least.

Best Answer

I put on a pair of pants this morning that I haven't work in almost 4 years.

My NSV's told me to look for that kind of thing.

The mindset change was critical to what we decided to do the next week. 

After looking at just making small improvements and celebrating our successes, we decided it was time to GO HARD and see how much we could squeeze out in the next week.

I replied elsewhere and discussed how we did really well. 

Sometimes, ignoring the metrics and just listening to yourself is really all you need to kick start the process.

Best Answer

THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY!

The ability to fit in to that super cute outfit, or super tight shirt because you like how it looks when you run is as big of a win as losing 5 lbs.

GOOD JOB!

Take that NSV, and turn it in to a Scale Victory next! I know you can do it.

Best Answer

Absolutely @RubyHunter4, and thank you guys for sharing your progress with the Community and motivate other people! 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes