Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My resting heart rate has been dropping

I got my charge HR on 10 Jan 2016.  For the first few weeks my rhr was 58-60.  It has gradually and steadily been dropping over the last 2 months and today is 43.  I have been exercising x5/week, having done nothing at all before this year, and have dropped 15 pounds.  I'd like to believe this change in my heart rate is a good thing, but am concerned at the scale and speed of the drop.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Could it be the device itself changing the way in which it calculates heart rate? Thanks in anticipation.

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

my heart rate is anywere between 58 and 62 I exercise 6 x a week still wont decrease

Best Answer
0 Votes
Please, everybody.

Do not continue to reply to my post from a year ago. I had a short duration
question, and it has been resolved long ago.

I am NOT a medical expert, and I cannot help you with your questions.

Venkat
Best Answer
0 Votes

not realised it was from that long im new here sorry x

Best Answer

VenkatK, apologies for replying. I just wanted to give Jules an idea to post a new thread with their concerns. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

thankyou lovely 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this response. My husband had heart issues a few weeks back. I have a high resting heart rate of 75. So decided I should walk daily. Just in a week I’ve seen a small decrease in my rhr down to 72.  So with your comment it gives motivation that my goal by end of 2019 my rhr I would like to be 60.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@VenkatK wrote:
Do not continue to reply to my post from a year ago. I had a short duration
question, and it has been resolved long ago.

I am NOT a medical expert, and I cannot help you with your questions.

@VenkatK : there is no obligation for you to respond to any new reply under this topic. If you wish not to be notified of new replies, all you need to do is unsubscribe (from this particular topic). This is done via the "cog wheel" icon in the upper right corner.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@Dyen12 wrote:

I have a high resting heart rate of 75. So decided I should walk daily. Just in a week I’ve seen a small decrease in my rhr down to 72.  So with your comment it gives motivation that my goal by end of 2019 my rhr I would like to be 60.  

@Dyen12 : kudos for your decision to walk daily! Adding physical activity is a great way to decrease your RHR (and to improve your overall health). You may also want to monitor your cardio fitness score (if supported by your Fitbit). Lowering of your RHR should translate into improvement of your cardio score. Also pay attention to sleep, stress and weight management!  

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Amazing! 

Best Answer

mine was same i had a blood test done and they found my ck levels high 

Best Answer

Can I ask how quickly your heart rate dropped from quitting caffeine, in the past couple of days my RHR has dropped like 8 points I am worried and saw this post, realizing after that I have not had any caffeine for about a week.

Best Answer

do not worry

Best Answer

Hello... My blood pressure has always been a little low 120/ 70's  but resting heart rate 80's to 90's. I'm on weight watchers & lost 18 lbs my blood pressure now dropped its consistently 100 to 113 top 50 to 58 bottom resting heart rate 60 to 70. Is this a concern? I just had an echo, stress test & carotid test all fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello & welcome @doreen401 

Your question is best answered by your doctor. If your tests are fine and your doctor doesn't see an issue, then you shouldn't need to worry. Just keep your doctor informed about your BP readings, if they have you monitoring at home. 

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been looking for any information to help me out and this board is the only thing I've come across that seems to discuss the topic. 

Quick background: 43yo male, Weight 224 (08/29/2023), father of 3 young kids

At age 42 I decided to change my lifestyle and eating habits. Starting weight 301 (June 2022) - primarily fast food and zero activity. Since October 2022, at a very slow pace I started walking, biking, and climbing stairs. Each month I built up the duration and intensity. After about 3 months, I was doing about 1 hour of total cardio per day and have since continued.  This while averaging approximately 1,700 calories per day (high protein low carb).  About 4 months ago, my resting heart rate suddenly dropped from an average of 55 to high 30s. They kept me overnight at the hospital and while sleeping, my heart rate would be in the high 30s with a low of 32. Other than random dizzy spells, I've no other issues. Multiple doctors, heart monitors, stress test, echocardiogram. The doctors say if I pass out or show more symptoms, go to the ER.  I can't help but think this is because of my "lifestyle changes" and if there's something I could/should do different.  I can't find a doctor that will qualify or analyze my situation for more than 30 seconds. The only answer I get is, "if you can't handle the symptoms, we could give you a pacemaker".  Any input from similar experiences would be much appreciated! THANKS!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes