Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAI (Personal Activity Intelligence) - A new fitbit comp. app from Norwegian SciTech University

ANSWERED

NTNU has followed 35000 Norwegians for 25 years. Based on all their data, they have developed PAI.

The purpose of the research behind PAI was to develop a single, easy-to-understand activity tracking metric that could help people manage their health. Most people understand that exercise is good for them, but it’s hard to stay motivated and how do you know if you are doing enough?

PAI is based on your profile and heart rate data. PAI is a way to track your body's response to exercise and the associated health benefits. It tells you if you're doing enough, holding you accountable and keeping you motivated.

PAI is backed by science. Research has shown that maintaining over 100 PAI can add 5 years to your life. It reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease by up to 25%.  

I love the app. It tells me when I have to step it up a notch. It's available for both Android and iOS. 

PAI health - Android Pai health - iOS 

"PAI is the best example yet of how wearables can turn data about our bodies into tailored, actionable advice—and hopefully longer lives."

The wall street journal

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@PHS273 The service/App has closed down.

Source 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

I suppose this is from the Mio line of trackers, Slice, etc.  I had figured this was all dead when Mio went out of business.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After MIO went out of business Huami is offering PAI on several of its new watches, and in the fall of 2019, the first Huami watches with PAI were launched outside of China. PAI is available on Huami Amazfit GTS, and Huami Amazfit GTR, where you get both PAI directly on the wrist and in the Amazfit app. 

If you have Fitbit or Apple Watch, you can measure PAI by downloading the PAI Health app from the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android). If you have an iPhone, the PAI Health app will also work with other heart rate monitors that can share data with the Apple Health app on your phone, such as Garmin, Polar and Huami's watches.

Best Answer

I think the same characteristics are available in the device I am already wearing, the app that supports it and all the other apps that directly correlate to Fitbit such as coach, fitness pal, etc. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow this stuff is great. You know a lot of times I work out alone at home cause I don’t really like the public or group work out . So I really need this to monitor my progress. It’s all I ever wanted to improve my body and fitness. So tell me more . How does this work I wonna know more about it .
Best Answer

Yea mio was helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

The best way to learn more about PAI (Personal Activity Intelligence) and the studies is to visit the university's homepage. You'll find it in English here: Ntnu Pai English

Best Answer

Also available on the Amazfit Band 5 (approx. $30) and others in this series.

Derm

(Old guy, 82 going on 55)

Best Answer

PAI Health is not found 

I request FITBIT to include PAI Score in all Fitbit models

Please it is proven scientifically you are charging too much money and not providing PAI health score that is not fair..

Moderator Edit: Merge replies 

Best Answer

@PHS273 The service/App has closed down.

Source 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Hi @PHS273!

I have not been online for a while. Sorry for my late reply. The PAI Health app, has been renewed and is now called Memento U. It can be downloaded from App Store and Play Store

//Loke

Best Answer