Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Achievement!! (Motivational Monday 5/11)

Alright, it is currently 11:03p here in Boston and I really should be asleep. Yet here I am doing Motivational Monday. So, quick background on me.

When I entered high school I was just about 125-130 lbs at 5 ft 2 inches, mainly doing cardio and no weights but eating somewhat healthy (mainly, no desserts). End of my junior year in college, personal stuff and general life happened, and I was well over 160 lbs due to being lazy with my workouts and inconsistent food tracking, which led me to overeating. A LOT. Even my dad's health scare (cardiac arrest) in 2012 didn't give me the kick in the butt I needed.

In February of this year, I finally decided to get serious about consistently keeping track of my eating (mainly eating my junk food in moderation and adding 1-2 protein shakes a day since my diet's not EXACTLY diverse/clean) and added weights to go along with my cardio routine to where I'm doing 2 full body circuit workouts and 2 workouts of steady state cardio a week. I do weigh in every day to keep myself honest.

At my physical last year I was 160. When I started my weight loss journey in February, I was at 153 lbs and close to 43% body fat. Fast forward to this morning and I was at 143 lbs!!! (Well, to be precise 142.7 but I'm rounding up LOL.) Body fat is at 35%. Long term goal is 130 lbs and 25% BF, while weight-wise short term goal is 140 lbs, which should HOPEFULLY be toast in the next week or two. Consistency is key!!! 

PS. TrendWeight is helping me not get too obsessed with my daily weigh-ins, and I know I can have 1 cheat day a week without feeling guilty. My personal TrendWeight link should be in my signature. Just check the website itself out

My TrendWeight|
Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Good job, @bruinsgirl33 ! Take pride in your accomplishment! 

Best Answer

That's awesome! Congrats! You should be proud!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer