Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Your Daily Readiness Score Here!

Now that the Daily Readiness Score is rolling out to Premium users, I thought it'd be fun to share what our score is every day and how we feel about it.

My score for today is 24.  The app says my HRV dropped and that a low HRV means by body isn't recovered.  I had a good night of sleep last night and I didn't do much activity outside of my 10K steps.  I'm curious to see how this progresses.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
106 REPLIES 106

I agree  @t.parker ... AZM really isn't granular enough to be in the calculation, and I suspect the missing days had something to do with my 'achievement' (why they weren't there I don't know). However the algorithm is supposed to work, it seems to get tripped up easily.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

This morning, I received my first Readiness score. It was 80 degrees 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

my daily readiness score for today is 12, tho apparently its still tuning my score and has four days left?
but 12 makes sense for today - have had a poor amount of sleep for the last half week or so
says my activity has been intense (false), sleep has been low (true) and heart rate variability has been high (true)
looking at this weeks . . . 

Sat: 55
Sun: 42
Mon: 35
Tue: 1
Weds: 12

Best Answer
0 Votes

Starting this month, I've been trying to follow my Readiness Score recommendations every day. It doesn't seem to ever give me a day off, so sometimes I give one to myself. Aside from that, it's going pretty well and the recommendations seem reasonable. 

Screenshot_20220112-072118_Fitbit.jpg

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been extremely low.  Yesterday it was 9 (I think), and a few days ago, it was 1.  Normally, it's in the 80s.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has only started making sense in the last couple of weeks. Before that, I decided to ignore it and do whatever I felt like doing. My scores were just too low to be useful. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I have not participated here for awhile.  With the holidays and then catching COVID, I haven't been very active.  Oddly enough, my Daily Readiness widget disappeared from my Fitbit app while I was sick, so I don't have a DRS to report.  My last DRS was on 1/1.  

However, the day I felt the worst with COVID was 12/30 and my DRS dropped to 17 (as well as a big resting heart rate spike).  Hopefully in a few days I can get my DRS back to start sharing again.  🙂

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I signed up for premium just after the new year so I could see more detailed sleep metrics and a readiness score. I have been pretty disappointed with what it's telling me.

Last week, I've been sleeping somewhere between 3 - 6 hours a night, with one good 7 hour sleep. Sunday night I had 4 hours, last night, probably about the same and I was wide awake for 2.5 hours reading, yet Fitbit thought I was asleep for some of that. Somehow despite that I got a decent sleep score (69), and my readiness score today is an 83. Not only did I have to drag myself out of bed, I couldn't even get through a workout, let alone make any sound decisions today. I am not an 83.

1. I am going to change my sleep sensitivity to sensitive to see if that helps track my sleep/awake time better.

2. I wish there was a way for me to indicate whether I felt that the readiness score was accurate. Because today, and other days, I don't feel that score reflects how I feel.

I'll give it some more time, but so far, I don't find it helpful. It is cool to see the in-depth details though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Heather-S I didn't know you had COVID. I hope you're feeling better. 

@tax I don't understand how sleep is weighted in the Readiness Score. I woke up at 3 one morning and couldn't get back to sleep. I checked my Readiness Score and, with four whole hours of sleep, it was in the 90s. Now, if I slept poorly the night before, I skip exercising and go to sleep early. 

Anyway... this is what I got for the last week. It's mostly making sense, I think. 

Screenshot_20220120-150930_Fitbit.jpg

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer

@alexthecat Yes, I'm doing much better now that I'm 3 weeks recovered.  The lingering cough was the worst of it.  I'm still a little congested, but that could be the weather here.

My DRS widget isn't working for some reason.  It was frozen for the last two days and simply said "Get Started", so this morning I uninstalled the Fitbit app and restarted it and now it says I need to wear my Fitbit for 14 hours (still says my score has been tuned, but I just don't have one).  So for some reason it isn't pulling in all my data.  I'm hoping that tomorrow I'll finally have the score working.

@alexthecat also speaking of poor sleep, I was awake for about two hours in the middle of the night that really messed up my sleep and has left me feeling awful this morning.  I was going to run 2 miles this morning (have a busy day at work and don't have time for more than that), but I decided since I slept terribly, I need to just take today as a rest day.  

Best Answer

Today is going to be a rest day for me too. I slept poorly last night. It's been a stressful week at work and my two cats were running around all night. I only got about 5 hours of sleep. (I need 7 to 8 to feel my best.)

My Readiness Score is 41, but I'm not feeling it. I'll take today off and plan for a longer workout tomorrow. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like my score is finally catching up with my poor sleep this week. Guess it's just an average versus just the night before, which makes sense, but at the same time, doesn't.

Screenshot_20220123-100854.png

Best Answer

I’m still puzzled about DRS not being recorded daily for me.

862C8CC7-DA58-46F9-836D-CD42343922F1.png

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

@Baltoscott That's so weird.  I wonder why it's doing that?  I assume your HR monitor is working all week and you're getting sleep recordings, right?

Best Answer

@Heather-S -- Yep, daily sleep records and daily HR resting and range records are always recorded. When I look at the history for HRV in health metrics it shows records for every day as well.

What seems to happen for DRS is that shows up on the Today tab if I look on that day, but when I switch to the Week tab the only daily records listed are prior days when I looked at the Today tab ... like the weekly chart only updates the days I've actually looked at the daily chart.  I'm going to try to check each day this week to see if I can get a full week worth of daily records to register.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been sick with the flu all week and haven't been getting any exercise. My Readiness Score is 100, which is not how I'm feeling at all. 

Screenshot_20220202-122359_Fitbit.jpg

I'm actually seeing this illness reflected more in my Stress Management score. Usually my score is in the upper 70s or 80s, but the last few days it's in the 60s.

Screenshot_20220202-124324_Fitbit.jpg

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

today mine was a 4 - after ignoring an 18 yesterday.    I get most of my exercise from a mini stepper next to my desk (I have a very sedentary work day without getting on the stepper every hour), but have recently increased my overall goals.    My sleep score was 82 and heart rate variability is average.   I still feel really good but I'm going to try to resist the urge to do more than my average steps.    

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is 1 for 2nd day in a row. I walked for 45 min yesterday, slept well enough (sleep score 80’s), and average HRV. Today it’s telling me to walk. I’m a new user so may just need to get more data in the system to realize that a 30-60 min hike or walk is actually typical not abnormal?!

Best Answer

@Kat95 I found that my Readiness Score didn't make much sense for the first week or two. I just ignored it and did my normal activities. After a while, it seemed like the Readiness Score figured out my exercise regimen and got on board with that. It's been a few months now and my Readiness Scores are more reasonable now. 

I hope you'll keep us posted on how your Readiness Score changes with time. I'm curious to know whether your experience will be similar to mine. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer

This is my DRS and my AZM. My daily recommended AZM is always above 90 AZM. Personally I find that the recommended AZM is too much. There are some days I won't be able to hit the recommended AZM as I want to rest. However, I do have to say that the daily readiness is pretty in tune with how I felt that day.

Screenshot_2022-05-12-22-42-35-41_79fad72b192ad145911621ab74435811.jpgScreenshot_2022-05-12-22-49-01-94_79fad72b192ad145911621ab74435811.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes