Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone has Sent You A Friend Request

Someone has sent you a friend request but you don't know the person. What do you do? You know that Fitbit is a great community, but you are still unsure. Whats your advice?

-Thank You 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @BlueMoonFishy   its entirely up to you to accept or ignore the request. I tend to look to see if the person has other friends or posts I can read, so it helps me to know a bit more about them. If they don't have friends or they keep everything private, I ignore it. I don't give out personal information on my profile or in posts, so I feel a bit more secure than those who use their real names. If you do challenges, that's one way to get to know someone before accepting their request, too.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I agree. If the person isn't open about themselves you should ignore the request. When there were forums (I'm an old guy so I was in 70's and Steady) I would check to see if the person was part of a forum where I participated and if not I would ignore the request. If the person shows nothing in common just ignore it.

Best Answer
Great name!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you guys for the replies. It is very helpful to me. Sometimes you just need to ask for help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks guys. Sometimes you just need to ask for help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. Sometimes you just need a bit of help. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

ooops! I ment to send a post to each one of you. I apologize.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not a problem @BlueMoonFishy  the main thing about the forums is there is always someone around to answer! 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes