Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting a Successful Weight Loss Journey

Right! So, where do I begin? It all starts around 6 months back when I, being the foodie that I am, was munching on my favorite hamburger (the extra cheesy ones) and I had this strangest of sensations in my chest. It was like I was choking, I could hardly breathe and my heartbeat rose considerably. 

Just to give you all a little background, I have been healthy all my life, never had any major health issues. It's just that I am a little overweight at 260 lbs. (okay, yes, some people think I am obese) 

So, this sensation had me nearly puking and I was rushed to the ER. Scary, right?

What the doctor told me after had me almost passed out. The doctor said that I am at high risk for a heart attack because of my, you guessed it, weight!

I was nearly out of my senses on hearing that. Like I am only 27 and I couldn't even think of such a thing.

Anyhow, this had me thinking and I did a lot of soul-searching. And that is when I started to bring some wholesome changes to my lifestyle including changes to my sleep patterns, my diet, and I started to exercise.

Basically, it was this plan that I started after some inspiration (bit.ly/37q0WHP), and I am sticking to it since.

In all honestly, I haven't felt so good in a very long time.

I am waking up fresh and beaming, my mood stays better along the day; I find myself more agile now. 

So, to round it off, I think it's just about being inspired, making yourself a plan and an end goal, and you can easily get there. Even with baby steps. 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

So that wasn't a heart attack 6 months ago?  Any diagnosis of that, other than at risk?  Or maybe angina?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

@MelaniaTaylor I couldn't agree with you more! it all starts somewhere. Motivation comes in different forms. It's what happens after motivation passes that is the real cause for celebration. Commitment and habit are critical to success. My healthy way of life began almost 7 years ago and going strong. I no longer have high blood pressure, high cholesterol and feel pretty great for an AARP recipient. Wishing you continued success in your journey! 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Thank for sharing your story @MelaniaTaylor! I hope that you're feeling much better. 

Small changes that we make in our daily lives and routines can have a great impact, and it's great to see that you're feeling motivated to continue on this journey to transition to a healthier lifestyle. 

Keep us posted on your progress! 😎

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer