Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking 'Weight exercises' to see sets/repetitions with Fitbit

ANSWERED

Hey guys,

I bought a Pixel Watch and thus landed in Fitbit community for the first time ever. Was using Garmin Venu 2 until now. Today, I got the watch and completed my wirst workout - Chest day.

I selected 'Weights' exercise in Fitbit and started doing the workout. I noticed few things:

The watch does not track my sets. With Garmin, when I do one set, the watch tracks my repetitions and asks me for weight of the weights I used.

The watch does not detect 'Active Minutes'. With Garmin, when you finish one set, it pauses the Active Minutes while you relax before next set.

At the end of the exercise, the watch did not detect which muscle groups I worked on, nor did it try to 'guess' what kind of exercise I did. Both of which Garmin does.

Am I doing something wrong? Selecting wrong exercise? Or is that just Pixel Watch limitations?
Probably a massive deal breaker for me, but just wanted to verify here.

Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I would categorize the Pixel Watch as a smart watch focusing more on smart features. Fitbit is more fitness and general health oriented and I would say Garmin is more a sports watch.

Community Council Member

Roland | Austria

Using Pixel Watch and Aria with Fitbit App on Android.

Used Fitbit One, Charge 2, Versa, Versa 2 and Sense.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @chinyu.

If the Pixel watch behaves the same as Fitbit in terms of tracking, then yes it's a limitation. Fitbit has never been able to track sets or anything close to what you describe the Venu 2 tracks. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would categorize the Pixel Watch as a smart watch focusing more on smart features. Fitbit is more fitness and general health oriented and I would say Garmin is more a sports watch.

Community Council Member

Roland | Austria

Using Pixel Watch and Aria with Fitbit App on Android.

Used Fitbit One, Charge 2, Versa, Versa 2 and Sense.

Best Answer

However the difference between the Pixel Watch and the Fitbit devices is that the former runs Wear OS and it's only a matter of time that more and more apps will be able to use the capabilities of the watch.

For example it appears that JeFit is already supported.

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer
0 Votes