Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Low Heart Rate (sub 50)

I've recently measured ~40 bpm when I'm sleeping and mid 40s-low 50s when I'm up and not moving (sit still on a chair). I never had heart rate this low, even compared to my active duty time when I had baseline heart rate of mid 50s, when I weighed 167lbs and ran a 1/2 marathon like nobody's business. Now I weigh 175 lbs, which is down from 185 since this May and been sustaining since June for a little bit over a month. All workouts I've been doing is running couple of miles a day and increased my distance to 2-3 miles a day in past 10 days, which is shorter than what I did when I was an active duty. I suspect combination of weight loss, no weight training, and reinstating running collectively affect my heart rate. I'm still in my 20s and got out of service just 2-3 years ago so I don't think aging would be the primary factor here. But my concern come from that I am wayyy slower than my active duty time (running ~8:30/mi now vs ~6:30/mi then vs ~7:10 pre-Army but I was 150lbs), while my average heart rate when I'm running is relatively high at ~175 (max out at ~187 after sprinting out last .1 mi).

I've been using my Charge 4 (dominant wrist) and Apple Watch Series 5 (other wrist) to cross ref and both of them show quite constant results.

Myself is a student in a healthcare field and consulting to a physician would be the ONLY way to figure out what's really happening but I'd like to share this with the Fitbit community and hear your opinions/experiences so feel free to talk!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Lazy.Runner  hey there. I am curious why you are posting the same thing multiple times. It seems you were pleased with answers provided in the post you made about your RHR being in the 40s and now you posted this same post twice. Are you looking for something specific that we can help you with?

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my 1st post and the other post was written hours later. And, of course, this post was posted well before the "answers" on the other post were made. If you're curious why I made a duplicate post, you can check my "2nd post" since I already manifested the logic behind it. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes