Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are some extra activities you do to get steps?

With all the activities available to us, I would like to know what some... extra activities y'all do. For example, I am hoping to get back into Geocaching, because that can get me a good haul of steps.

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Boxing

My Stationary bike gives me a few not much

I use Walk at home DVD alot

Walk at my local parks. Have 3 around me

But I love going to new places to walk and checking it out. Haven't been able to in quite a while because of the virus. But hope to go again soon to check new places out

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

While watching tv, I march in place during the commercials.  The steps really add up 😊

Best Answer

I should do that... But I don't watch too much TV, mostly gaming w/ friends 🙂

Best Answer

I've been wanting to get into boxing/martial arts for a while now. I'm thinking on doing a geocaching excursion this weekend, going to hit a park and two lakes and get around 30 caches. Probably get at least 20k steps. 😜

Best Answer

I tend to get lots of steps (and active minutes) when I'm cooking, which I tend to do a lot of. I've also recently started playing ringfit (Nintendo switch game) and I get a ton of steps (and I'm building tons of muscle) doing that.

Best Answer

Funny you asked this question because some of my fitbit friends asked me this too because i consistently hit 10k steps daily even though i have a desk job and wfh. 

When i'm on conference calls i'll go outside and walk my yard....you'd be surprised how many steps you can get in during conf calls that should have been an email! LOL

Best Answer

Great question @SunsetRunner! 

I personally find it very useful to walk while I'm doing other activities, so whenever I'm on a call or when I'm listening to music, I tend to walk a lot. It's amazing how many extra steps you can get with these little changes. 😁 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

@justtakeastepI dont work anymore but I did this as well when I had a conference call. No point in sitting at a desk listening.

There were a few times that people asked why I was winded though when I walked to fast  😁🤣

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Dancing! You will feel ridiculous, but blasting some good tunes and going nuts for 10-30 minutes really racks up the steps and boosts your heart rate. Plus, in times like these it's good to let loose and have a little fun, can't take yourself too seriously. 

Best Answer

I found out with the old Nintendo Wii and the game "Just Dance" just how effective dancing really is to burn calories, it really is a good workout @SNS3530😱

Best Answer

Apart from my early morning run, I usually JumpRope for 40-45 min to good tunes! Haven’t really checked my steps but sure zaps them fat cells!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent, JumpRope is definitely one of the best exercises I've tried so far @SunsetRunner! 😎 💪  

Best Answer
0 Votes