Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What calms you down?

ANSWERED

Hey everyone! Does anyone have a strategy to calm down, or just something you like to do? Any hobbies? I've recently been very bored, so does anyone have a suggestion on a calm hobby that they enjoy? Hope your day is great! 😉

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Audrey!

Running is by far the most relaxing hobby for me, however, I am a huge fan of meditation and various forms of meditating.  One of my favorite meditations is listening to my heartbeat which I do at least once a week.  It isn't only incredibly calming, it is beautiful, powerful.  

I had gotten a stethoscope about 10yrs ago for a doctor Halloween costume and had no idea that a few years afterward I would be using it to listen to my own heart on a regular basis.

A little pricey ($25 maybe?) but a great investment in the long run!

Take care!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Hi Audrey!

Running is by far the most relaxing hobby for me, however, I am a huge fan of meditation and various forms of meditating.  One of my favorite meditations is listening to my heartbeat which I do at least once a week.  It isn't only incredibly calming, it is beautiful, powerful.  

I had gotten a stethoscope about 10yrs ago for a doctor Halloween costume and had no idea that a few years afterward I would be using it to listen to my own heart on a regular basis.

A little pricey ($25 maybe?) but a great investment in the long run!

Take care!

Best Answer

Walking is the Number one thing that calms me dowm

I love to paint rocks and then take out for for someone to findrockskids.jpg

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Cooking works really well for me! It's something that I feel will always be useful throughout our lives and I just find it very relaxing, whether it's a new dessert or a full meal, it's always a good experience to learn a new recipe. 😎

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

I agree @mWttrs2, music and physical activity are very relaxing. 

I like to listen to opera or classical music before going to bed, and swimming in the afternoon really helps me to relax a lot for the rest of the evening. 😎

Best Answer

Hi - I've recently gotten into audio and found that my local library offers them for free vs. having to buy them on sites like Amazon.  I've listened to some wonderful books!  I listen to them while walking so as I get more involved in the book, the more I want to go for a walk so I can listen 🙂  win/win

I also love doing puzzles.  I will start at 1k piece puzzle and I found I get very involved in it and it relaxes me greatly. 

Best Answer

That's a great idea @MaryAnn45, definitely a win/win situation. 

Sometimes I get so involved in the story when I'm listening to audio books  that I don't even think about the workout (when I'm running for example), and when I look at the watch, it's been already an hour! 😀

Best Answer

1. Going for a walk

2. Doing yoga/flexibility stretches

3. Meditation

4. Adult coloring book

5. Putting a puzzle together

6. Drinking tea

Best Answer

Playing video games helps me to relax as well @Audrey12345, I got a PS4 on January 2020, not knowing it was going to be super helpful to relax and entertain me during the pandemic 😅

@Maria527, that sounds very relaxing too! I've been thinking about starting a 1000 piece puzzle recently. 😎

Best Answer

I've got anxiety and I really thought this topic was about meds 🙂 well, hobbies can help me relax too, but sometimes I can even focus on breathing. Recently I bought a vape on vapingdaily and CBD oil (it's known for reducing anxiety) and I hope it will work. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community forums @hattifnatt

Exactly, hobbies can help us to relax too' I'm constantly thinking about the things I have to do for the day, the month, the year, but doing something I enjoy for a while really helps to take the pressure off.  😁

Best Answer

Hi, I personally enjoy smoking weed. There are other ways, but so far this is the most effective way. By the way, are there weed smokers here? I was once advised to try one of the percolator bongs https://www.sfweekly.com/sponsored/percolator-bongs-pros-and-cons/ to smoke. However, I still hesitate. Do you think smoking bongs is really different than usual?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reading some tips and inspirational quotes on bloglingo.com helps me to calm myself. Would love to know about how's everybody dealing when they feel uneasy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

good music, movies or walking in nature

Best Answer
0 Votes

A good playlist can really help me if I'm having a stressful day! Thanks for sharing, @gomeshelen😁 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I have some hobbies but I'm trying to find some other ones to keep me busy at this moment as I have had days this past month that has been triggering me to binge. So I am trying to find other hobbies that I can do to get my mind off of food when I know I am not hungry and to just continue enjoying life, so I love this thred! 

• I do meditate, I practice Nichiren Buddhism so I chant morning and evening and that is very relaxing to me
  • I love taking walks near the ocean, I have a favorite spot that I love to go to and I try to go there at least 2 times per week in the morning since its been hotter now. Hearing the ocean waves is very relaxing 
  • I love playing games on my switch with my friends
  • I love to play and to cuddle with my dog, she is a lab and golden retriever mix, she's almost 1 year old so she is a baby and shes very hyper and energic but also the sweetest self-care buddy ever
  • I love to cook and to explore new recipes
  • I love reading a good book that is all about self-care/motivation/something that keeps my interest

So far, I think thats all! but I'm always willing to explore new hobbies 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Walking is one of the best ways for me to calm down.  Some hobbies that I find calming are working on Diamond Dot pictures, painting and making beaded jewelry.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Breathing exercises and walks while listening to music. I'm not allowed to run much, so I go out for parcels (I specifically order them away from home). I try to listen to music in Spanish and English and learn languages (English is not my first language).

Best Answer

Soft music.

Best Answer