Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 15: Foam roll for 5 minutes

We’ll be posting a new challenge every day leading up to summer! Follow along here, on the blog, or using this calendar.

blog-header_thu

After today, we’re half-way through our challenge. Congratulations to everyone who’s been keeping up each day! If you’ve felt sore after any of your workouts these past two weeks, then today’s challenge is for you: Foam roll for 5 minutes. This challenge comes to you from personal trainer Erica Steinz of Barry’s Bootcamp, who writes:

I’m committing to a minimum of 5 minutes of foam rolling every day. It’s important to roll out your muscles with a foam roller to prevent injury to keep you doing the activities you love. Foam rolling is a self-myofascial release (SMR) technique that is used to relax the muscles and improve soft tissue extensibility.

30 Days to Summer Fit, Day 15: Stretch it out

Foam rolling is a great habit to form after your workout. And foam rollers can often be found at your gym, or can even be substituted with a PVC pipe. If you don’t have access to a foam roller, you could instead try spending five minutes massaging sore muscles with your hands.

Have you tried foam rolling? Let us know in the comments, or using #30DaysToSummerFit!

This was originally posted on the Fitbit blog.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Sounds fun! I may have to borrow a foam roller. Perhaps @EmilyEL has one?

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually do have a foam roller @EmersonFitbit ! But I need it....there's one by the stretching area you can totally use.

Emily | Community Moderator, Fitbit

All that stepping got you exhausted? Improve Your Zzzs!

Best Answer
0 Votes