Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 25: Find a new fitness buddy

We’ll be posting a new challenge every day leading up to summer! Follow along here, on the blog, or using this calendar.

30 Days to Summer Fit

Happy Father’s Day, everyone! We hope you get a chance to spend some time with the favorite dad in your life.

Friends and family can play an important part in fitness, too. We’ve discovered that Fitbit users with at least one friend tend to be 27% more active. Having friends with you every step of the way can add just the right amount of motivation to get you to hit your goals. So today’s challenge is: Find a new fitness buddy!

We mentioned finding a buddy in our initial post about 30 Days to Summer Fit, and the response in the comments section was overwhelming. You all wanted new buddies! So if you’re a Fitbit user, head to the comments to introduce yourself and share a link to your Fitbit profile (you can find the page by clicking on your user photo when viewing your Fitbit Dashboard), or friend others in introduce yourself in a response. Then encourage them throughout your fitness journey.

30 Days to Summer Fit, Day 25: Find a fitness buddy

If you want to make it a little more personal, just find a family member, friend, or coworker and set up a way to get more active with them. Whether it’s weekend hikes, lunch-hour walks, or joining a gym or fitness studio together, do something to help keep you both accountable.

How have friends helped you get (and stay!) more active? Let us know in the comments, or using #30DaysToSummerFit.

This was originally posted on the Fitbit blog.

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14
I am surprised i am the first to comment on this. Well my name is Stephanie Torres and i really need someone who is going to push me and motivate and support me to eat right, and remind me why i am starting this weight loss goal. Whoever does read this best of luck to you and your weight loss goals 🙂
Best Answer

I could use a buddy.  I have lost 45 pounds since starting with the fitbit last January and need to lose 40 more to meet my goal,  The last part is always the hardest.  

Best Answer

Hi Stephanie- My name is Cindy and I'm new with this.I'm not sure what someone does to motivate. I can say that I m also in need of loosing weight and feel that exercise plays a big part of it. By purchasing the fitbit it reminds me and all of us that we need to get up and walk and move around. I feel that since I hav this it has helped me move more as I like to se my goal of 10,000 steps and of course the 5 blinking lights.  One problem I do have is this heat and humidity and working night shift. You may add me as a friend. Best of luck on  your jouney

Best Answer

Hi Stephanie, I would like to help keep the motivation going, as we all can use it. I have lost 16.5 pds so far and my mind feels strong...lets help each other.

Best Answer

I've heard the last few pounds referred to as "the hard lard" because it is so much harder to lose the closer you get. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I need a Fitbit friend 😞

Best Answer
Hey ,
Thanks, i never really looked at my band as a reminder. Sometimes i just seem to forget its even on my wrist untill bed time when i put it on sleep mode. My biggest struggle in weight loss is my will power. How does one gain will power? Lol
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey jodi,
If you are really interested, i could deff use someone that harrases me and checks up on me. Add me as a friend! I really need to do this, lets do it together 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have a challenge coming into fall? I just got my fitbit and already fell in love with it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hard Lard.  Love it and can relate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am looking for some fitbit friends

Best Answer

Hello Everyone!

I am new here I just got my FitBit today and can't wait to get started!  I have approx 25-30lbs to lose by March 1, 2015 and would like to find a fitness buddy!

Best Answer

I have had my Fitbit for a week and a half.  I love it, and it has so motivated me.  I would love to be friends.

Best Answer

My fitness buddy is my SO who was weighing over 320 pounds when we met, now 280 and lower! It's great when you can go out for a walk, compare steps, challenge each other and eat better, love it! Cat Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes