Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 30: Complete this final workout

We’ll be posting a new challenge every day leading up to summer! Follow along here, on the blog, or using this calendar.

30 Days to Summer Fit

Tomorrow is the first day of summer, which means today is the final day of our 30-day challenge! We hope everyone has found a few new workouts or habits that you’re sticking with.

Since it’s the last day, we wanted to push everyone further today with the challenge:Complete this final workout!

30 Days To Summer Fit, Day 30: One last workout

So put on your workout clothes and prepare to sweat by doing 5 reps of the following workout:

• 10 lunges
  • 15 crunches
  • 20 jumping jacks
  • jump rope (or jump up and down) for 3 minutes
  • Rest! 1 minute
  • 10 push-ups
  • 15 bicep curls (grab a dumbbell, or a water bottle)
  • 20 squats
  • Rest! 1 minute

If this doesn’t sound like the workout for you, go back a few days and try this workout from celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak!

How did you do? Let us know in the comments, or using #30DaysToSummerFit!

This was originally posted on the Fitbit blog.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

This is way too intense for me!! I am disabled and fortunatnte to get what little exercise in that I can.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rascle1 wrote:

This is way too intense for me!! I am disabled and fortunatnte to get what little exercise in that I can.

@Rascle1I agree with you and Fitbit overlook the spread of age and disability with their offerings. The grey army is swelling and the CDC Guidelines cater for the oldies but Fitbit marketing pushes to the younger set.

Here are the CDC Guidelines. Read this

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

I agree with you 100%. I did all those push ups and more and other exercises too way back then. I am an aching senior now. I am stiff and do not move so well except when I am unconcious with a seizure... then all H breaks loose and my body hurts bad the next day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

any of us over 40 crowd are dealing w/the repercussions of the old injuries of our youth, or years of carrying extra weight on our joints, or perhaps changing our old sedentary habits for new ones. It's so important to remember it's a journey, not a race, and we each have our own pace. No matter what your pace or activity or ability level, you are lapping the people who are sitting on the couch, so don't compare, just keep movin!! Cheers!!

Best Answer

oh plus I myself am cautious as I've injured my knee doing lunges, squats, and jumping jacks in a fitness boot camp I miss dearly, but my knees just can't handle that kind of thing!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@stampylisatwoIt is definitely about moderation and when you view the clips from the extract from post I put into an over 65's group we are on top of it. Exercise keeps us toned and calories control our weight.

These clips from BBC reveal some very interesting information but they are 45 minute video clips and may not be accessible but they have been appearing on Melbourne TV recently.

Use these search keywords in your Google.

Jacques Peretti bbc

A statement from a Metabolism expert, "We exercise briskly, and afterwards our body wants us to rest, one cancels the other" He believes it is inbuilt in our brain, therefore no gain, but some fitness benefits.

Retired CFO of Weight Watchers "after 5 years only 16% maintain their weight loss, the business is successful because the dropouts keep coming back"

Gyms "Similar to weight watchers but the weight loss is in the calories NOT consumed and many use it as a social outlet".

Finally many of the major food producers are now supporting Sport, Cadbury's, Pepsi, Coke, McDonald's, and they are saying the population is overweight because they consume too much of it. That is from interviews with the companies. They blame the individual.....!!!!!

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I just want to chime in for a second re: the limited range of motion and the aches and pains from the over 40 crowd.  

Please do what YOU can but please never stop moving.  Movement is LIFE.  Exercise is MEDICINE. Being sedentary is the real issue and what's perpetuates aches and pains.  I know because I'm a nationally certified trainer and I didn't get my certification until I turned 50 and after 2 significant spinal surgeries.  I have plenty of titaniun in my spine now to set off TSA alarms at the airport and yet going through this saga is what made me realize I needed to be my own best advocate for health hence the national certification.  

Now I know what to do, how to do it and how often.  I also know how to listen to my body and allow it to rest and recover before I hit the gym again.  Just 2 yrs ago I thought I'd never walk again and now I'm at my healthiest weight ever and full of beautiful muscles that are acting as a 2nd line of defense to protect my spine.  Everybody I know is in shock that I look and feel so good.  I still deal with daily pain but I'll never be pain free and that's just my destiny.  But ya' know, so be it.  In the meantime, I'll do everything I can and I'll be **ahem**ed if I take it laying down.

I just hope someone out there can read my comments and feel inspired enough to try to work on his/her health.  You don't have to be a triathlete, you just need to move at your own pace, but MOVE.  Respect "the vessel", love it and care for it.  It's gotten you here this far.  🙂

Good luck everyone!!

Best Answer

Just use Google for over' workouts 40/50/60s' some interesting and non-traumatic workouts available?

Best Answer
0 Votes

sonia

thanks for your inspiring words.

I am 49 woman, injured for 3 years..back problems and foot problem( wich is sometimes the worst to deal with)

getting better very slowly..got myself a fitbit flex and trying to get better everyday

so far walking and stationary bike..not more than 12 min at a time..but repetion and repetion..

any good advice for me ??( ps : no surgery stuff on my back..every thing seems fine..but doesn't feel that way ) and menopause is hitting on me too.

thanks !

greetings

karin

Best Answer
0 Votes