Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Troubles

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It’s Jan 1 and I decided to start tracking my steps again after taking a year off. My One has been in it’s holder in a drawer, uncharged and completely dead for that time. It was working fine last year and charging and syncing with no issues. I’ve plugged it in to it’s charger with a brick that I know works (just used it to charge my phone) and the power bar is on, but my One doesn’t seem to be charging and won’t turn on, even when I hold down the power button for 20 sec. Is it dead for good? 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

I would say yes. When they sit un-used for a long time the battery will totally die and can not be revived

From Google

If the voltage of a lithium cell drops below a certain level, it's ruined.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Wendy. That’s what I figured. It’s been plugged in for 4 hours now and still won’t turn on so I guess I have to accept that it’s toast. Really wish I had just remembered to charge it periodically. Because of my job, wearing a watch-style fitness tracker is impractical and I understand they don’t make the One anymore. Wonder if the battery is replaceable?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Re-read my owners manual...battery isn’t replaceable 😞 Too bad. Guess I’ll just have to scour Kijiji for a gently-used One. *fingers crossed*

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyB wrote:

When they sit un-used for a long time the battery will totally die and can not be revived

@WendyB How often do you charge the Fitbits you aren't actively using? I have a backup One and a Flex2 that I'm not using, and I'm wondering how often I should charge them to keep the batteries from failing.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
0 Votes

@janel I actively use all my Fitbit. I wear my One everyday. I switch out the others on a daily basis. So they are always getting charged when needed

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Whoops forgot to answer your other question. I would charge maybe every 2 weeks @janel

Community Council Member

Best Answer

@LaurieBowman good luck finding one. They last prices I saw scared me

Let us know if you find one 

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyB wrote:

Whoops forgot to answer your other question. I would charge maybe every 2 weeks @janel 

Thanks @WendyB. I must say, all this charging is getting tiresome. After going through a battery a week with a Zip, being able to recharge seemed ideal, and I love my One. When my original One started to fail, I ordered a replacement, and then when I learned the One was being discontinued I ordered a backup for the replacement. But if the batteries on both of the new ones fail at the same time, whether the backup is used or not, that will be extremely discouraging. The Garmins that last a year on a coin battery are looking better all the time.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
0 Votes

@janelI have a Garmin and I'm not really impressed with it. Syncing  it is horrible

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyB wrote:

@janelI have a Garmin and I'm not really impressed with it. Syncing  it is horrible

That's good to know, but syncing a Fitbit hasn't been very easy lately either.
Best Answer
0 Votes