Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories not being consistently tracked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

New to Fitbit and I love it.  I try to meet all targets on the daily dashboard but have trouble with the calorie counter, I understand BMR but don't understand why some days I meet the target and others, with far more steps, I don't.  Is there some factor other than BMR and steps used in the calculation?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Hi JuanJo, thanks for respondng.
I am just using the One for walking and usually clip it to my bra or waist band.  I have also noticed that there can be discrepancies in the timing, for example, on Friday I walked for 20 minutes without stopping and it only logged 7 minutes; I repeated exactly the same walk an hour or so later and it logged 20?
Thanks

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@zerotohero It's great to have you aboard in our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your Fitbit is not getting the same amount of calories each day. Before I provide the correct answer, I would like to know a couple of details; do you perform the same activities each day? What kind of activities or exercises do you do? Do you wear your tracker on different places?

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi JuanJo, thanks for respondng.
I am just using the One for walking and usually clip it to my bra or waist band.  I have also noticed that there can be discrepancies in the timing, for example, on Friday I walked for 20 minutes without stopping and it only logged 7 minutes; I repeated exactly the same walk an hour or so later and it logged 20?
Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes