Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can others find my Fitbit if it was not paired to their phones?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have lost my Fitbit One and as they aren't made any more I'm desperate to find it.  That day I was in a number of locations - my Aunt's house, a friend's house, a supermarket and a petrol station - as well as my car.  This was all a long way from where I live.

So my question is, if I ask my Aunt and friend to download one of the locator apps to their phone/tablet will any of them be able to 'see' my Fitbit One? 

Obviously my Fitbit has never been paired with their devices, but will it show up if they do a bluetooth scan?

Sorry, probably a really dumb question, but I don't really get how his works.  Thanks!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Helen_S I hope you're doing well! That's unfortunate! Sorry to hear that, hopefully, you will be able to find it.

Yes, the Bluetooth locator apps should see the One even if it is not paired to their accounts. It should see it as long as the One has any battery power left in it. Please check this article to get more information about some apps you can use to find it.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I have lost my Fitbit One and as they aren't made any more I'm desperate to find it.  That day I was in a number of locations - my Aunt's house, a friend's house, a supermarket and a petrol station - as well as my car.  This was all a long way from where I live.

So my question is, if I ask my Aunt and friend to download one of the locator apps to their phone/tablet will any of them be able to 'see' my Fitbit One? 

Obviously my Fitbit has never been paired with their devices, but will it show up if they do a bluetooth scan?

Sorry, probably a really dumb question, but I don't really get how his works.  Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Helen_S I hope you're doing well! That's unfortunate! Sorry to hear that, hopefully, you will be able to find it.

Yes, the Bluetooth locator apps should see the One even if it is not paired to their accounts. It should see it as long as the One has any battery power left in it. Please check this article to get more information about some apps you can use to find it.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply, but the updated question subject you have given me isn't quite what I asked. It isn't that my One isn't paired to my account, it is!  It's the fact that my Aunt and friend obviously haven't ever had it paired with their devices.  I'm hoping your reply still applies though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Helen_S

Sorry to hear that your One has gone missing. 

As long as the One is turned on and has battery, it should show on the Bluetooth scan, yes. There is a chance that your Aunt and friend could find it if it is indeed somewhere around their places. 

You can check this article, in case you haven't already, to see some tips about finding your Fitbit. 

I will be moving this thread to the Fitbit One board as I think it is better suited for it.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

@Helen_S Thanks for your reply and for providing those details. I re titled the thread. Hopefully, it is clearer now.

Yes, don't worry. If they don't have your One paired to their accounts; it doesn't matter. They should be able to find it using those apps. They will actually find different Bluetooth devices around. If the One still has some battery power remaining it should be found!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I agree with @LanuzaFitbit, most of these apps require the user to unpair the tracker from the phones Bluetooth, so the app may find it. 

Confusion comes from duplicating a question, I've merged your questions 

Best Answer