Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 new sleep stages (deep, rem, light and awake) with benchmark.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Somehow, the Sleep log page has changed on my PC. There is all this chart at the top of the page that I don't need because I'm not logging sleep with with my One. I use my One to time yoga. But because yoga isn't walking, the time logs in as if it were sleep. In the past, I would use Edit Sleep and tell the log to switch that time to an activity.

On this new version of the web page, there is still an Edit Sleep option, but I can't find the button that will change the sleep time to activity time.

Help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Her problem has nothing to do with sleep tracking.

On the One you press the button to both 1) enter sleep mode and 2) start the timer so you can track an activity that doesn't involve steps but you want to know exactly how long you were doing it.

As I understand her issue:

She is using the One to track her yoga time, her Charge 2 for all other items. In the past, the One automatically started such tracking as sleep but you went to the website to change that to indicate what activity you were doing at that time to track the time and I assume, activity minutes.

That ability to edit the sleep on the One has been taken away with the new website changes.

In my view, another way the One has been hobbled with the latest changes.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

It's great to see you around @Diatoday!

Let me help you out. Only on the Alta hr, charge 2 you have the sleep stages feature, and with this feature you still have the option to edit your sleep. I recommend checking this great article, I you'll find it helpful. 

Let me know if you need further assistance, I'll be around! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Her problem has nothing to do with sleep tracking.

On the One you press the button to both 1) enter sleep mode and 2) start the timer so you can track an activity that doesn't involve steps but you want to know exactly how long you were doing it.

As I understand her issue:

She is using the One to track her yoga time, her Charge 2 for all other items. In the past, the One automatically started such tracking as sleep but you went to the website to change that to indicate what activity you were doing at that time to track the time and I assume, activity minutes.

That ability to edit the sleep on the One has been taken away with the new website changes.

In my view, another way the One has been hobbled with the latest changes.

Best Answer

Thanks to both of you, especially to you, Kate. I was hoping the feature I need had not disappeared and I just wasn't finding it. It helps to know it really has disappeared.

BTW: I'm not sure how this message got the header it did.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The header is confusing. But I understood what you meant.

Anyway, don't give up hope just yet. There is currently so much broken with the website and all the features on almost all the devices, it is possible that the feature will emerge from the dust when all is settled. We know the detailed sleep tracking is gone.

I have not seen anything categorically stating the ability to track non-step activities is permanently removed from the One. I have seen evidence that many fitbit reps don't understand the feature or its use. 

So it may just be a bug in the implementation. There are other known bugs in the web dashboard (such as having to sign in to see our sleep records.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yipes! I will count my blessings, then. In general, I bought the One model because (a) I don't like things on my wrist and (b) I don't need all the bells and whistles. But quantifying steps has made a huge difference in my efforts to remain healthy, as I approach 70 years young.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Diatoday wrote:

BTW: I'm not sure how this message got the header it did.

I just got the answer to that question too!

I went to start a thread and when I was typing, a number of subjects with similar words (not meaning) popped up. I hovered by accident over them and then realized I didn't want any of them. But the title I had typed was changed to one of the others.

Thankfully, I caught the mistake when I proofread both the body and subject line and was able to edit it back to my original title.

So, that's a mystery solved. I thought I'd post here because you might get a notification since this is your thread to start with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

THEY HAVE IMPROVED THE SLEEP BY REMOVING THE % AND REQUIRING A 6 STEP PROCESS TO CHANGE SLEEP DATA, OTHERWISE YOU LOSE DATA?   Maybe this will work:   

Changes included improvements on the interface and some prompts being added when making changes. Be informed that you can still change your sleep log without losing any sleep data.

You may follow these steps to edit your sleep log:

1. Click Log and click the Sleep tab to locate your sleep logs.
  2. Choose the date and sleep log you want to edit.
  3. Click Edit Sleep and simply disregard the prompt. You may continue by clicking Edit Sleep again.
  4. Make the necessary changes and click on the Edit Sleep for the third time.
  5. Another prompt will appear and simply click on Edit Sleep to save the changes.
  6. Notice that your sleep log remains and the edits are applied.

Since we appreciate our customers' feedback, we'd appreciate your input. The best place to make your voice heard is the Ideas board on our community  which our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. 

If you find that a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their idea and add your comments. 

We hope this clarifies your inquiry on editing sleep logs. Let us know if you have further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes