Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Fitbit user, need to transfer someone's device to my account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I used my Fitbit One daily for over a year and synced it with myfitnesspal. Recently, I accidentally ran my Fitbit through the washer and dryer and now it no longer works. 😞 My husband wants to give me his but we don't want to lose his account.

1. How do I transfer his device to my account without deactivating either of our individual accounts or transfering his data to my account?

2. If it is not possible to transfer his device to my account without losing someone's data, what is recommended for this situation?

Thanks!

PS-- I need really clear instructions!
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Here's the replacement procedure you're looking for:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-set-up-a-replacement-tracker/

Best Answer

Hi @Nedra19455 

Just to add a little to my friend's @SteveH's post, setting up your husband's Fitbit One to your account, as a repacement tracker, using the link Steve gave you earlier, will NOT cause either one of you to lose any data. All he has to do is sync before he passes it on to you; and then you set it up as a replacement tracker on your account. Presumably, he will get a replacement tracker as well and he'll be able to set it up to his existing account using the same procedure and there will be seamless continuity in his data.

Cheers!

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

Best Answer