Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit default settings "sleep start/sleep end"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The built-in default settings for sleep start and sleep end are 11:00pm and 7:00am, how do I permanently change those to a different time (ex. 10:00 and 6:00) so that when I open the sleep tab to record my sleep it will say 10 to 6 instead of 11 to 7?

Best Answer
0 Votes
33 REPLIES 33

@hatteras2424 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Yes, you can definitely change that by creating a sleep schedule. However, this is an option that is only available on the Fitbit app. Follow these steps to do so on the Android or iOS Fitbit app:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the sleep tile. This is the tile that says "How did you sleep?" or, if you tracked sleep the night before, shows how many hours and minutes you slept.
  2. Tap the gear icon in the top right.
  3. Set or edit your targets. To remove a target, tap the three dots in the top right.
  4. Tap Done.

You have also the option to set up a bedtime reminder!

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

...all i have is windows 10...don't have a "smart phone"...have been using my fitbit one for 3 1/2 yrs ... fitbit should make it available for one to set their own sleep/wake times and save ... i go to bed pretty much every night at 10:30 and wake at 6:30am... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hatteras2424 Thanks for your reply. Not a problem. You can do this on the Fitbit app for Windows 10. Do the following:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the sleep tile. This is the tile that says "How did you sleep?" or, if you tracked sleep the night before, shows how many hours and minutes you slept.
  2. Tap or click the moon icon on the bottom.
  3. Set or edit your targets. To remove a target, tap the three dots in the bottom right. 
  4. Tap Save.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Dear Fitbit, when i click the moon icon on the bottom left, a dark gray
menu box appears with a "gear" (for settings) on the bottom left and "see
more>" on the bottom right (clicking this opens up my sleep record)... when
i click the "gear" it flips the box to say "sleep" at the top and "time
asleep goal" just below that, with separate empty boxes for hrs and minutes
and then buttons to click for "cancel" or "save"... i can put in 8 hrs, but
it doesn't allow me to set and save the "sleep start" and "sleep end"
times...they continue to default to 11pm/7am... is there no way to change
that?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@hatteras2424 Thanks for your reply. Is this what you see?:

sleepwindows10.PNG

This is the screen that appears when you click the moon icon, which I found on the top right corner of the dashboard. Right there, select the bedtime and wake up times you want and click the "check" symbol underneath. Then, sync your tracker. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, that is not what I see...at the top of my "sleep" screen is my last 20 sleeps in bar graph form from left to right, being the most recent...below that shows my last 20 recorded "sleeps" and length of sleep in a weekly format... to the right of that is where I log my "sleep start" time and "sleep end" time, with an aqua colored button to press that says "log sleep"...there is nothing below that on the right side of the page... no check mark,no bedtime reminder, no "sleep insights", i'm using windows 10 with google chrome... the screen appears the same when using Mozilla Firefox and latest edition of Internet Explorer... If i cut and paste the link to my page, will you be able to see it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

In my opinion the sleep feature is just awful and hard to use. I cannot even get it to let me set my own times without a problem. sorry, but it stinks!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

@hatteras2424 Thanks for your reply. I know what is happening here. You are using the online dashboard and not the Fitbit app for Windows 10. Online dashboard will not let you set a sleep schedule. Please download the Windows 10 Fitbit app from the Windows Store and use that one instead. You will be able to set up your sleep schedule there. 

@Macie Welcome to the Fitbit family. Thanks for your opinion. What specific times are you trying to set up? Remember that sleep schedule (bedtime and wake up times) are not available on the online dashboard. It is just available if you are using the Fitbit app. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

So………….now you have to buy the app, right?

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Macie Thanks for your reply! No, you don't have to buy it! It is free to download! 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
Thanks so much for all your attention to this!!!
Best Answer

The two apps that come up for me are each $1.99. What is the app called?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went to windows 10 store (Microsoft) and in search box typed in "fitbit"... the first "app" on the page has the fitbit logo and it is "free"...

Best Answer

@Macie That is strange! Try what @hatteras2424 said; type down "Fitbit" and it should be the first option that appears and it is free. It looks something like this:

fitbitwindiows.jpg

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Now when I click on the app, it wants me to set up a new device or connect a replacement device which does not make sense. I have the same device I’ve had for a very long time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Macie Thanks for your reply. That happens when you click "Join Fitbit" instead of "Log in".

Please click on "Log in" and type down your email and password that you used when you created your Fitbit account. That should connect yourself to your account and you should be able to sync without any trouble!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

When I click on the app, it does not give me the option to log in. I am just so over this new sleep portion of fitbit - it really stinks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Macie Thanks for your reply! Really? That is so strange!

In order for me to check what is going on I need you to share a screen shot of what you are seeing when opening the Fitbit app. That way, I can investigate further.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

This message is accompanied by pictures that did not paste for some reason. The following is what it says when I click on the fitbit app:

StartSetup a new device

StartConnect a replacement device

Best Answer
0 Votes