Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One Sync Problem

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got a Fitbit One in 2013.  It finally started losing battery to the point where I had to charge it too often to be practical.  So, I ordered a second Fitbit One (the style of this model just works better for me than the wrist ones).

I am having issues with sync.  I know the new Fitbit has talked to my computer because I changed the handedness to left and changed the greeting, and somewhere it picked up the step count of 16,000+ for the day that the old Fitbit had shown.  But now only one device is showing in my account and if I start a sync manually it is very slow to find the tracker (I am using a new MacBook Pro, I have no mobile devices available) and it is kind of iffy whether I will get the total from the new or the old Fitbit.

Any suggestions?  I can't unpair the old Fitbit because it is not showing up in the list.  I've been through the pairing procedure with the new one (where you type in the 4 digit number) twice.  It seems to be working to put the old Fitbit more than 20 feet away from my computer but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Dongle plugged in to USB port?

We tend to forget the little guy

dongle.png

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I never take it out.  That way I can't lose it.

As I explained earlier, I *was* getting communication because I was able to change the greeting and handedness on the new device.  It was just iffy whether it would be the old one or new one that did the sync (based on step counts), and I could never see two devices in my account, even though I had two separate devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyB awesome suggestion! I was thinking about the Dongle too. Keep it up! Smiley Wink 

@sneakyburrito thanks for getting back to the thread. That definitely sounds weird. Have you tried a restart already? If you haven't already, I then suggest doing the following:

1. Plug your charging cable into your computer.
  2. Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
  3. Hold down your tracker's button for 10-12 seconds.
  4. Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.

Give a try and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

This thread is almost a month old.

What I ended up doing is putting the old Fitbit in a corner of my basement, as far away from my computer as possible, under a pile of stuff to hopefully interfere with the Bluetooth signal.  Then I just let the battery run out.  Now my computer only ever syncs with the new one because I haven't charged the old one.

Best Answer

Reset while plugged in worked! Thanks for sharing.

Best Answer

@sneakyburrito thanks for getting back to me! I apologize for the delayed response, however I'm so glad to read you have sorted it out by now! Hope to see you around more often. Smiley Wink

A warm welcome to our new friend @Lydialeigh! Reading that the restart helped was like a ray of sunshine!. Heart Smiley Happy Let me know if you have any other question! 

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks plugging into charge cable worked a treat also fixed my Bluetooth problem. 

Best Answer

A warm welcome to our new friend @Penman13! So glad to read that plugging in your tracker worked like a charm and that it also fixed your Bluetooth problem!

Now let's get back to stepping, and while you're at it I'd like to invite you to our Lifestyle Discussion Forums. In there, you'll find lots of interesting topics and you'll make hundreds of Fitbit friends!

Hope to see you around more often! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
G'day Miriam Thanks for the invite and the info to rectify the sync problem
I had, have now been able to pick up all the badges earnt whilst I was
unable to sync
Thanks again Penman13
Best Answer

That works 

Best Answer

@Penman13 great news! I'm glad to read that you are now able to pick up all badges earned. Smiley Wink Let me know if you have any other question, I'll be around!

A warm welcome to our new friend @CHHHCH! Reading that his worked was like a ray of sunshine. Smiley Happy Heart Feel free to post back! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
G'day Miriam  have just had fb one have a trip thru the washing machine but dried it out in a.bag of rice and with a 24 hour recharge seems to be working perfectlyRegards Penman13

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S5 on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer

I understand that a "restart" generally cures a synçh problem due to no Bluetooth signal, but is there a way to avoid the issue in the first place?

Is loss of battery power (due me not charging it), related to Bluetooth failure?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yikes @Penman13! Make sure you restart your tracker as well. placing your One in a bowl of dry rice was a very good idea. Fingers crossed your buddy will work as expected! Smiley Happy

@156292 welcome to the forums! Well, not letting your battery to completely drain might be one of the prevention measures to avoid a Bluetooth connection error. Please note that you'll receive a notification right before your One is about to run out of battery. It usually lets you know when its already at 25-15% of battery life. Hope this helps. Feel free to post back! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes