Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One Will Not Turn On

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I did an update to Fitbit One Firmware 6.64 per the instruction of Fitbit due to an error I was having turning the fitbit on. After I did the update, the fitbit will not turn on at all. Occasionally when I connect it to the charger, it will say 6.64 and show a full battery level, but every time  I take if off the charger it will not even turn on at all.  I have tried the reset process and endless amount of times and off the charger it will never turn on and it will only turn on occasionally on the charger. I followed the instruction of fitbit and totally deleted the application, created a new profile and started from zero, which they advised me to do to ensure I have the most updated firmware. Well, after that the device will not work at all and I cannot get anywhere with customer support who advised me to follow their process. Anyone with any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Best Answer
136 REPLIES 136

I am not out of the woods yet. I think it's the battery, Was working and then the screen display went dark again. Back to the charger but not holding out high hopes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NavyNurse91 unfortunately, Fitbit hasn't sold the One for years, any new ones purchased are "new/old" stock and they'll lose battery life even if sitting unused in a box. Since they've not been manufactured in over 3 years and batteries last 3-4 years at best, you probably bought a dead one. You'll have to either buy a current unit or buy an aftermarket replacement battery (*what I did). Thank you for your service.

@Jeri_D if resetting isn't working, your battery is probably dead. you can buy an inspire (non-HR) with a clip to get the closest resembled unit, or if inspired (pun intended) to do so, you can replace the battery with an aftermarket one, I've included instructions earlier in this thread.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my battery replacement from China. Now will have to follow @Williger instructions and see if I can revive it.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did an update to Fitbit One Firmware 6.64 and after I did the update, the fitbit will not turn on at all. Occasionally when I connect it to the charger, it will say 6.64 and show a full battery level, but every time  I take if off the charger it will not even turn on at all.  I have tried the reset process and still no response

Best Answer
Exact same problem that I have run into. Not once but with three different Fitbit Ones.
Best Answer
0 Votes

6.64 seems to have killed mine as well... Tried all the steps ... tried the chat desk... Exactly the same problems as all the others. Nothing wrong with it until 6.64! Tried the restart options; tried to use laptop, Ipad etc. I am so annoyed that Fitbit would do this and it seems so suspicious that an update can destroy so many Ones.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got a new Fitbit One and am having the same issue as others....plugged into charger it will turn on and read 6.64 and show full battery but when taken out of charger it is blank and will not come on...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having this same issue, just took the new Fitbit one out of the box last night, charged it and started the setup process this morning.  Got it setup with my app, it only turns on while plugged in.  Have tried many times to reset it without any luck. Very disappointed, this needs a fix or I need a replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
So many people are having this same issue but I have to ask, where were you able to find a Fitbit One?
Best Answer
0 Votes
On Amazon
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought mine from Fitbit ... really aggravated that they killed all our Ones

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me TOO!! I so not want to wear a bracelet!! I LOVE my One!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Actually ordered from Belk's
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought an Alta hr. Hate it! Doesn’t track all my steps either.

Fitbit needs to send us all new ones.   Ones that work.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
200% agree
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm with you on the bracelets.  I finally broke down and bought the Inspire.  I carry it in my pocket the same as I did with my One and its works fine.  I let Fitbit know I wasn't pleased that my One stopped working and they gave me 25% off for the Inspire even though the One was way out of warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! I may try that!
Best Answer
0 Votes

They offered me a discount t also, but I had already  purchased the Alta 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My friend just gave me her unoppend fit bit one.  I was able to connect it through the app but that was it.  It won't turn on.  Nothing happens.  At first i thought it was because it was not charged.  However after 7 hours, nothing comes up.  I tap, have reset it and nothing.  The most I got once was the picture of a battert,  Any help would be great. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I replaced the battery but if you try this please be aware that the wires are so thin that you can strip the insulation off  of the wire. I have **ahem**. wire bare and soldered on board. The negative is on but hard to see. All very small parts for big hands.  But it works I have had to go in and move things around but I think I have it working again. So putting a new battery in per @Williger's instructions does work.

Wishing you luck 

Best Answer
0 Votes