Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One broken

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Fitbit one just stopped working tonight. It's like it's dead but I was more the 3/4 battery life left today. When I connect to charger noting happens.
Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Community @JoCoward. If your One is not holding a charge, I recommend following the tips to Maximize your tracker's battery life, if they don't work, feel free to contact our Support Team, for a faster solution you can contact them via phone or chat.

Let me know the outcome! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi, @JoCoward , before you give up, you might try a restart.  First plug your tracker in to charge using a charger you know to be working.  A cell phone wall charger that will take a USB cable is ideal.  Give it 2 hours charge.  When it has had 2 hours, while it is still plugged in, press and hold the button.  The usual advice is to hold it for 10-12 seconds.  However, if it is completely unresponsive, you may need to hold it significantly longer -- say 20-30 seconds.  Hopefully it will spring back to life... If that doesn't work, try twice more.

If this doesn't work, and you do need to contact Support (link above) be sure to tell them that you have already tried the restart procedure 3 times.

Keep us posted!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
Well it worked, it boots up when plugged in or plugged in to my computer.
Also says the battery is full. But once it's not attached to one of those
it stops responding....
Best Answer
0 Votes

Then please contact support. A Link is in @AlejandraFitbit post

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Welcome back @JoCoward. I think that it is time for you to contact our Support Team, for a faster solution you can contact them via phone or chat.

Let me know the outcome! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi @JoCoward. When you restarted your One, did you have a chance to observe the firmware version number that showed up on your One's display after the Fitbit logo?

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

Best Answer
It's broken 😢 I ordered a new one last night.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. But it's broken. I ordered a new one last night.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good for you @JoCoward. That what I call cutting to the chase!Smiley Wink  Best of luck with your new One.

Cheers!

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

Best Answer