Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One goes blank at times, doesn't add my steps on, wont let me re-boot it

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit won't let me reboot at all, the clock has gone slow, won't add my steps, screen stays blank for periods of time. When it does come on it looks like it has rebooted as it says the Words, steps, stairs, etc. It is charged. It did sync to the computer and my phone, but with really low numbers, says 0 mins active which is totally wrong

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Mine JUST started doing this last couple of days.  Hoping you get an answer because it is driving me nuts.  I have tried restarting it by plugging it into charger & holding button down for 10-12 seconds like they tell you to for rebooting but nothing.

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums!

Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

If that doesn't help
Contact Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Check out the discussions boards! A lot going on and I'm sure you have some contributions as well!
Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Mine has been doing the same thing for the past 3 days.  Sometimes the clock is off by 2 hours or more and then the next time I look it is the correct time.  It is blank and I have had to reboot it several times to get it to come back on.  Just now I checked it and it said I had 0 steps which is not correct at all.  If anyone has any ideas about how to fix this issue I would like to know.  I thought maybe it was just old and dying.....but I see others are having the same issues.

Best Answer

Wow thats strange that its happening to other people too! I did chat with the support staff and he got me to reboot and everything ( which I had done several times before) and my fitbit did work for a long period of time after that. But in the morning again the time was way out of wack and the steps were still on from the night before. Later on in the day it fixed itself again. It hasn't gone blank, Yet, since yesterday so maybe it is fixing itself.... fingers crossed. Its annoying though to keep missing out in all the steps I take, can't really trust it now. Thank you to all of you that responded to my problem..... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same same. Except my One display is also fading from right to left (brightness). I spoke with customer service and after a couple of times trying to reboot they are telling me it's time for a new device. They provided a discount but the One is on backorder...and no one knows when it will be available. So it seems the discount code isn't all that useful at this point. I'm frustrated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I spoke with customer service yesterday and they told me the same thing and provided a discount as well.  I ordered a new One yesterday and I should have it tomorrow.....I guess I beat the rush.  I hope they come back in stock for you quickly!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This actually makes me feel better knowing that at least they have had them recently. I hope they come in soon...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay! 5 min later they are back in stock!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ONE does the same thing. It has always had issues syncing to computer, but sync to phone works great. No problems getting it back on, but I do lose any info that should have been recorded. Very frustrating because it may be several hours that it blacks out before I notice it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@traeofhearts60 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to report that you are experiencing the same. Thanks for sharing all of those details regarding this. 

I'd recommend performing a restart on your One. This has helped other users who have experienced the same.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have restarted my fitbit 1 ......4 times in the last 24 hours because it blacked out each time.
Has been working fine for the last 20 hours.............
Will see..........
Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up having to replace mine.  Hoping you figure out a fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@traeofhearts60 Thanks for your reply and for trying the restart steps. I'm glad to read it has been working fine so far. Please let me know how it keeps working.

@AliMoonGoddess It's great to see you again in the forums! Thanks for sharing the final outcome you had to do. I'm glad you got a new unit. Thanks for your contribution.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently my fitbit one blacked out again yesterday and I was not aware of it until bedtime.

So no data for most of the day and sleep data was recorded yesterday instead of last night.

I don't use my phone to auto sync unless I am away from my computer and the one blacks out.

I will attempt beginning today to leave the app open on my phone in hope that my one will sync more  often during the day & perhaps if not prevent the blackouts at least maybe I won't lose data because each time it blacks out, any data from the blackout is not recorded and the clock is hours off.

Any suggestions short of replacing my fitbit one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@traeofhearts60 Thanks for your reply and for sharing all of those details regarding this situation.

I went ahead and contacted customer support in your behalf for you to get further assistance on this. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes