Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My One stopped syncing the morning of September 2nd and I am really bummed; I have tried all the suggestions here plus have done quite alot of steps since then and cannot get my One to be recognized by my totally fine Google Pixel2 ("no device found") or Samsung tablet. I don't think anything is wrong with the Fitbit, have used two different ones over four or five years now very successfully, but I so wish that the software could get corrected. This is seriously annoying and frustrating already. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Same problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped September 7th. I just went into settings & added the device even though it shows it’s there. It worked!! All my steps for the last week & half are now there. 

Hope this works for you 

good luck 

Best Answer

If adding the device again doesn't help then other things to try are:

If none of those ideas work for you then it’s probably best to contact customer support via: contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer

Solved (for me)

I had the same problem with my One that you've all reported. Seeing KKW's response, I started from scratch and cleared everything. Here are the steps I went through, including those that failed, so you don't have to wonder, or bother:

1) Tried to sync on iPhone. On my iPhone the app crashed.

2) Deleted and reinstalled my app. Wanted me to re-enter userid and pw. Did so. Searched for fitbit. Nothing found

3) Restarted the Fitbit. (no change)

4) Went to app on MacBook. Tried to Sync. Got an immediate "Problem with the Server. Try Later". Tried over 12 hours, no change.

5) Deleted App on MacBook. Reinstalled. Logged in.

6) Screen told me not to remove wireless Bluetooth dongle while it did an update. Scary.

7) Then asked it to sync. No device found.

6) Bit the bullet and selected Add new device, and identified it as a fitbit One. Then let it find device. No luck.

7) Sat and stared at the screen and ground my teeth. Then tried again 60 seconds later (ignored the Einstein definition of insanity).

😎 Success! Found the device. Asked me to enter new greeting, etc.

9) Then the historical data showed up, steps yesterday etc.

10) Went to my iPhone and re-opened the app. Showed no device. I closed the app and restarted (Einstein again).

11) Success there! All is back and good.

My assumption is that there is some fringe incompatibility with the One, and the old Apps on both IOS and MacOS. The Mac does not update. So deleting and reinstalling is required. And possibly the same for the mobile devices.

Hope this helps everyone. And WHY did they deprecate the One? So convenient and inconspicuous. And really useful for stair counting.

Best Answer

I deleted my Fitbit app and reinstalled it but still the same as others not syncing I’m adding my steps manually but this won’t link to another website that reads my Fitbit urgh 

Best Answer

Do you use the Fitbit app on your Mac, or Windows computer, or do you only use the Web App? I had to delete and install my MacBook laptop App, after which it appeared to update my Wireless Bluetooth USB device. After that I was able to delete and reinstall my iPhone app and connect. So it looks like some kind of driver or update issue, which seems to be updated by the Laptop app, not via the mobile device app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here... My old reliable One is no longer syncing with my HP Pavilion laptop, which is loaded with Microsoft 10 - and when I try to sync I get a "no longer connected to the internet" message, even though my Wifi connection is OK... I even tried switching one dongle with another one, but no luck... this has been going on since the 2nd week of August... I suspect at this point it's some sort of Microsoft update problem... does anybody have any solution?

Best Answer

Thanks... I'm going to try this... fingers crossed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My One stopped syncing on Sept 2nd as well...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue.  Deleted and re-installed app and no luck!  This stinks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have a Pixel2

Mine often can't "find" the tracker , but usually my iPad can.... lately.... nothing can find it.  

Error message on the dashboard here too. 

Today I restarted both my ONE and my phone.  It did a sync.  Gave me all my missing steps since it stopped syncing a week ago.

I was having issues, there was an update for phone, it worked for about a day and stopped again, so I am not convinced that todays action will be solving my issues permanently.

Hope Fitbit figures this out, because I LOVE my ONE.  I even have a spare I  bought when they were being discontinued as I don't want a wrist one. 

Now to see if it keeps syncing or not......  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I phoned Fitbit and they talked me through the process. Just add another another device and it worked. Yay

Best Answer

I have been having this problem also.  I don't know when it started (I don't always pay attention to it) but my last sync date is 24 August 2019.  I've tried all the suggestions (short of calling customer service which is the next thing to try) and none of them worked for me.  No device I have finds it as a bluetooth device.  I'm using an android phone and it has updated, wondering if the updates have made the one unfindable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Evidently after trying everything something finally worked because I looked at it and it had synced and recorded everything back to the last sync date.  So if one thing doesn't work try them all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been dealing with the same issues since late August. I've gone through all the steps on the forum, and help sites, but at most it stays synced for a day. I'm getting to the point, where I might just have to throw in the towel and go to another company. 😞 I hate this. I've loved my fitbit up until now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!! 😊 This helped & all my data is back!!!!! WOO HOO!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you -- it worked! (Steve H's advice to restart the fitbit One -- I never knew how to do that or that it would be something I could do.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tpp1979 wrote:

Same issue.  Deleted and re-installed app and no luck!  This stinks.

Try removing the One from your account and then adding back as a new device.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • Tried that but it just keeps searching and can’t seem to find the drvice
Best Answer
0 Votes