Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One won't sync up

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the update pushed by Fitbit on July 25, I have had issues with my One pairing with my phone, a pixel 2xl. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, turned the Fitbit off and on,  and, turned Bluetooth off and on. As of yesterday, it isn't working at all. Very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Try uninstalling the app and then go here and try downloading and installing an older app. Then don't allow the phone to automatically update the app.

Best Answer

@vrmk Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Fitbit One not pairing nor syncing.

I went ahead and contracted you via PM. Please keep en eye on your Community inbox.

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your great help on this thread!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Thanks. After retrying all the steps several times, it is synching again.

Best Answer

SantiFitBit--I'm having the same issue.  We tried uninstalling/reinstalling both with the phone & the computer and I still can't get it to search and find the device.  Any advice?

Nevermind.  With the FItbit rep, we kept trying to shut down the One by pressing and holding the button in the charger for 10 seconds.  On my own, I decided to see if it really was shutting down by taking it out of the charger and it wasn't!  So I retried everything by holding down the button for 15 seconds and it actually turned it off!  Then when I turned it back on, the app paired and it is now syncing.  

Maybe this is good advice for others?  Hold down the button for longer than it says and check to see if it actually turned it off!

Moderator Edit: Added next post info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I installed the latest Apple update on my iPhone a couple of days ago and my One stopped syncing.  The techs at the Apple Store had no luck.  I called Fitbit support and went thru the whole thing but they missed this "be sure it's turned off step".  I tried your helpful hint and BRAVO!, my One is syncing again.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
woo hoo!!! Much cheaper than buying a whole new device, huh! 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, cheaper. And I really like my One as I prefer not to have something on my wrist. All the newer Fitbits seem to be the wrist kind.

Anyway, thanks again for your help. I was very frustrated and you made my day. Zooooom
Best Answer
0 Votes
You're so welcome! Glad I could spread what little knowledge I have! 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
For my last retry of everything, I included the old restart of my phone. Not sure if that helped or not. Good luck! I know how frustrating it feels. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@vrmk Thanks for your reply and for trying those steps. I'm really glad to read that your One is syncing and that you are back on track now! 

@Habibi Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with your One. Thanks for retrying the steps, I'm sure other users will find this helpful (actually they do):smileyvery-happy:. Glad to read you are back on track too. 

@zooooom It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing that the hints provided by @Habibi worked for you. I'm so glad to read that you are also back on track now! Smiley Very Happy

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes