Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One won't work when I'm outside the house

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As soon as I leave the house, no matter how my Fitbit One is connected- with the dongle or via Bluetooth, whether USB recovery is on or off, it quits recording my steps.  I ran yesterday- nothing except the steps I had already taken at home.  It's fine right now but sticking it in the charger and pressing the on/off button to reset it does nothing.  As soon as I leave the house not only does it quit  recording anything but the time stops.  I'll be leaving here in about a half hour.  A soon as I leave it becomes inactive or turns itself off.  I'm not buying another one- this whole thing is stupid.  I don't need a device to have incentive to exercise and don't care about connecting with  anyone else on Fitbit.  I've been running for over 35 years on a regular basis.  Staying healthy and eliminating the fat cells where cancer lives isn't a competition.  If this one can't be fixed I'm out.  I used to get money off my health insurance for the number of steps.  Then it made sense.  Not any more.  Don't care.  Not wearing a watch and it looks like the new Fitbit One is $199.  Yeah right- not an idiot.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

The Fitbit One has been out of production for many years now. They don't last forever. The $99.95 Inspire 2 can be worn like the One with the optional $19.95 clip.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I disconnected my One and reconnected it and it works again.  Maybe it  stopped working correctly because I bought a new desktop so I had to reconnect it?  Who knows?

Best Answer
0 Votes