Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit making a Big Mistake!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi to the Powers that Be! I believe that the discontinuing of the Fitbit One is a BIG mistake! I realize this is just my opinion but I in my circumstances, I cannot wear a wrist style. I am a small petite woman and my wrist measures 5.5". This is why I chose the One. I am very active for my age, and I'm mean I'm ancient! I walk about 35-40 miles a week plus stairs. If I were to wear a wrist style it would be turning constantly as it wouldn't fit me. I am sure there are others out there in the community that have other reasons why they prefer the One. The Zip is being recommended as an alternative. No, I used that for about 3 months and had nothing but trouble. If you must scale down the models available, discontinue the Zip and leave the One available. Just my 2 cents!

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I'm sad about it too so I bought an extra one

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I agree that Fitbit seems to be making a big mistake, intentionally alienating a large segment of users. There is definitely a marketing opportunity for another company to make a good pocket tracker. I had 3 Zips fail on me, and I tried the Misfit but wasn't happy with it. The One has been the perfect combination of wearability and functionality, and I am so sad it is being discontinued.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

Discontinuing the One is a big , big mistake.  My hands, up to my elbows are generally in dirt as I garden or acid as I work on my crafts and anything on my wrist would be destroyed immediately.  The One is perfect not only for me but so many others. Check your sales!!!!

It lasts.  Or are you trying to boost sales by discontinuing the best seller so we have to buy the other items you produce?  Please reconsider.

Best Answer

@pocketbird4 I appreciate your feedback, I too am disappointed by this decision. Keep in mind the One is still on sale at Fitbit.com in the US and Canada and we will continue supporting the device even when it's no longer available. 

This topic is currently being discussed in this thread. As this is a duplicate thread, I will be closing it for further comments. 

@WendyB Nice to see you around!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes