Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit one turning off by itself

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a fitbit one. it's about 2 years old. twice it has turned off by itself for no reason (battery was not low). Today it happened again. I had tried to restart it, but it wouldn't work.. then suddenly it woke up by itself and displayed the time, etc.. the battery though went from being medium to being so low the battery icon displayed an empty shell of a battery. it seems it discharged itself completely.

I am wondering if I should just replace it or its just a glitch? has this happened to anyone else?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I had this happen first about 6 months ago.  It was intermittent.  It seemed as though it would happen sometimes after I had "twisted" the fitbit (like moving the clip from one set of clothes to another).  I reset my fitbit one a couple of times, and it seemed ok. Until the last two or three days.  So, that is how I came across your post.  I am planning to try to reset it again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me.  My old one of several years died in February.  I replaced it and that one would not hold a charge overnight.  Returned it to the store and got another new Fitbit One.  Now, five months later the same thing is happening.  It will discharge from one day to the next.  Does anyone have a suggestion?  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been doing that for about a month, called support, did the resets like they said, worked a few days, and I've reset several more times.  I called back and they're going to replace it, I've only had it a little over a year.  Super frustrating when it's not tracking during a workout. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I agree with you.  I also contacted Fitbit and they are replacing mine as well.  I noticed that it had become magnetized and now wonder if the metal strip in the rubber holding piece may have been tweaking the battery.Regardless, I am pleased with the customer service and glad to be getting a new Fitbit One.  Happy summer, Janey
Best Answer
0 Votes