Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Not Syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

after the last updates my fitbit will not sync. Anyone still having issues? I have 2 of them. Ugh. Not happy been several weeks and still not resolved.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, 

for the last two weeks my Fitbit one won't sync my steps on my app. When I go into my settings it says it's 'looking' for my Fitbit one, 

can anyone help? 

Thanks in advance 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
214 REPLIES 214

Hi, 

for the last two weeks my Fitbit one won't sync my steps on my app. When I go into my settings it says it's 'looking' for my Fitbit one, 

can anyone help? 

Thanks in advance 

Best Answer

I'll ask the obvious - do you have the latest version of the app on your device? This morning when I looked at the sleep stuff, I noted there is a new version of the app with new layout etc (but still no decent sleep stats.) 

Maybe there's a problem syncing because the app isn't the latest version. 

The second reason could be Bluetooth interference. I get that with my dongle since I now have a Bluetooth keyboard and headset plus my phone is also on my desk. There are times it is too much for my One to connect and I have to take it off and lay it on the dongle. Then it will be found and sync. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. The fitbit will not sync with my mobile app nor my computer. It's been happening since Monday and I'm not sure what is going on. I even reinstalled the mobile app and nothing. Any other ideas?

Best Answer

Same here. I've had the issues for four days. I've gone through the troubleshooting guides several times: restarted my One, updated my iOS, updated the app, installed the FitBit Connect on my computer, turned everything off and back on - nothing, nothing, nothing. My Fitbit is charged and is tracking, just not syncing. Usually a restart of my One would suffice so I not sure what's going on this time.

Best Answer

Usually,  mine auto syncs.   Sometimes it takes a while.  Sometimes I force it to sync by clicking on the One icon with the battery level at the top of the App page and force it to sync.  Once I connected it to the charging adapter and plugged it into the USB port on my LT and it synced right away,  even tho it showed it was fully charged.  It always shows fully charged,  not sure why.....

Best Answer
I've just tried downloading the latest version but it's still not working 😞 and I don't have anything else on Bluetooth... hmmm... how do I restart my one do you know? x
Best Answer

Per FitBit:

1. Plug your charging cable into your computer.
  2. Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
  3. Hold down your tracker's button for 10-12 seconds.
  4. Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.

Your tracker should now work normally. If your tracker still doesn't work after a restart, contact Customer Support.

Best Answer
Thank you so much for your help, I shall try that tonight!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit bit one is doing the same thing.  I have already reset it, I have also removed and re-installed the app.  NO JOY

Best Answer

Same here. My FB stopped syncing Monday evening at 5:21pm.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, power cycling the computer, restarting the FB.  Nothing.  Going to call customer support to see if they have a solution.

Best Answer

Mine was syncing until last night. Now I cannot get it to sync to phone or computer. Seems to be an issue for many. How do we alert Fitbit to this issue?

Best Answer

Just got off the phone with customer support.  Grace was a life-saver.  She solved my problem.  Here are the steps she walked me though:

1. Log out of the FB app.
  2. Turn off the phone's Bluetooth.
  3. Restart the FB tracker.
    • Insert the tracker into the charging cable.
    • Press and hold the button on the tracker for 15 seconds.  Not 10-12.  15 seconds.  The device should not light up when removed from the charging cable.
    • Remove the FB from the charging cable.
    • Press the button one time to restart the tracker
  4. Turn on the phone Bluetooth. 
  5. Restart the FB app.
  6. My tracker started syncing right away.

If you don't have success, call FB Tech Support at 877-623-4997.

Good luck.

Best Answer
Thanks! Will give it a try.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also had this problem with my fitbit not syncing since March 29,2017.  This solution was posted on a Fitbit Forum: Log out of your fitbit account then turn off your Bluetooth next put your fitbit in the charger and hold the button down for exactly 15 seconds.  After 15 seconds take fitbit off the charger (your fitbit should not come on).  Turn on fitbit and then turn on Bluetooth sign in to your fitbit account your fitbit should start syncing.  This worked for my fitbit.  Thank you to everyone for your help!

Best Answer

My One will sync with my computer, but not my tablet.  The tablet sees the One, but cannot sync with it.  I don't have a USB slot with my tablet, a galaxy Tab E.  My Alta synced with no problem.  I am beginning to wish that I hadn't complained about the skin irritation.

Retired disabled, Charge5, Android, Win 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Magic. Thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Donthasslehoff

Thanks for the solution that worked for you. For some reason, this hasn't happened to me yet this week but if it does, I'll remember where to look for the solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked perfectly! Thank you!

Andrea

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have been having problems with syncing over the last week.  Steps only show on my iphone intermittently, stairs log occasionally, and sleep details like restless and awake don't show at all any more.  I've been reading the forums on sleep and see that an update was initiated this past week and now no one is getting the sleep quality info we want.  I've done the re-starts numerous times.  the syncing feature on the iphone just continues to say "looking".  And it worked the week before when I misplaced my One and I used that function to narrow down its location to the room it was in.  I have had my Fitbit One since 2013 and have been very happy with it.  So I wonder if my One is finally entering its senior years or is this all due to imperfect updates on Fitbit's part.

Best Answer
0 Votes