Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide from Rankings

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can someone please help me I am trying to hide myself from the rankings. I have searched this group and see where the hide/show me button is in preferences but I do not have that option. The only thing listed in my preferences is the country. I dont have the friends option or the other one that I have seen on here. I have the fitbit one and the blaze.. any input would be much appreciated.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everybody. I want to confirm that some recent changes have been made to the public profile and the user settings. This includes the setting option to opt out of rankings which is no longer available for users who are already in the "show me" setting. Additionally, new users will not see this setting at all. 

The change comes as an effort to improve the Fitbit experience on the Dashboard.

Fitbit Community ModeratorSilvana | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

Hi @Nicki6J -- Are you talking about the leaderboards in fitbit groups, like, for example, this one? I don't think you can opt out of those leaderboards and still be part of the group.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

It's nice to see you around the Community @Nicki6J, hope you're doing great! Smiley Very Happy Thanks for helping out my friend @Baltoscott

To decide what information you want your Fitbit friends to see:

1. Log in to your fitbit.com dashboard and click the gear icon in the top right corner.
  2. Click Settings > Privacy. For each item, decide the visibility you prefer. My Achievements refers to badges and trophies.
  3. Don’t forget to save your changes.

Note that at any time you can show or hide your step count from friend rankings. To do so:

1. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard and click the gear icon at the top right.
  2. Choose Settings.
  3. Under Personal Info, scroll to the bottom of the page and find Preferences.
  4. Set the Friend Rankings option to either Show Me or Hide Me depending on your preference.
  5. Don't forget to save your changes.

My guess here is that you @Nicki6J are trying to change this on your Fitbit App, but this options are only on Fitbit.com Dashboard which means you need to do this steps online to make them effective. 

Hope this helps my friends! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I agree that used to be there, but the only thing I see now is a dropdown to select what country's food database to use???

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @Maureen! Are you trying to change your settings on your Fitbit App? Please send me screen shots showing what you're getting so I can go from there. 

It's nice to see you around! Woman Very Happy

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thanks Marre. I'm not on the app, I'm on the website. Am I looking at the wrong screen?screenshot.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Maureen -- I think that screen may have had an option to "opt out" of friends rankings in the past -- I found another thread that with a post from Feb. 2015 that echos @MarreFitbit's advice -- but it is not there on my personal info page now either (I'm looking at it on a mac using the latest version of Chrome as my browser).

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Thanks Scott. I thought I had the right page. I tried Chrome and Internet Explorer on my PC and Safari on my iPad. None had the option.,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey my friends @Maureen @Baltoscott, I'm very sorry for the delay I was out! Firs of all, sorry for the misunderstanding with this, recently we were reported that this option was removed from the Fitbit settings, therefore, there's no option to choose "Hide Me" anymore. At this time the only ones who still have this option are the users that saved their profile as "Hide Me" so they can change it to "Show Me", but once they make this change the option will be automatically removed. 

Best Answer
Great info, fixed the issue for a friend.
Best Answer

So we can't hide ourselves from the friend rankings anymore? Why take that option away? I haven't been too active lately, and don't want the added depression of seeing myself constantly at the bottom of my friends list. That seems like a bad option to remove! Smiley Sad

Best Answer

why was this option removed?

Best Answer
I tried a workaround where I made everything private so my friends couldn't see my step count (or averages), but I'm still showing up in their rankings! How is that private, and why take that option away?
Best Answer

Hi everybody. I want to confirm that some recent changes have been made to the public profile and the user settings. This includes the setting option to opt out of rankings which is no longer available for users who are already in the "show me" setting. Additionally, new users will not see this setting at all. 

The change comes as an effort to improve the Fitbit experience on the Dashboard.

Fitbit Community ModeratorSilvana | Community Moderator, Fitbit
Best Answer

Thanks @SilvanaFitbit -- good to know.  I appreciate that some folks don't want to be ranked, but I've always liked that aspect of fitbit and like to have some sense of where I am in comparison to the rest of the world.  I guess I get why some people would want to be ranked, but I hope everyone's stats will always be included in rankings -- even if some are displayed as unknown -- so we all have a sense of how we fit into the whole.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, it's always nice to have options, so I'm not sure why Fitbit would take options away from users at this point. I've always been an advocate of everything Fitbit, but this is upsetting.
Best Answer

I am disappointed that this feature was removed.  I understand that most users appreciate this feature and thrive on it, and I fully support that, but I liked having the option to hide rankings.  For me, it sometimes causes anxiety about trying to be at the top, and it's nice to disable this at turns so I can focus just on my own internal goals.  Since I can no longer disable this, I think the only way around this is to remove my handful of friends.  I hope a better option presents itself again someday.

Best Answer

I totally agree!  I am currently battleing with an injury and don't like to be on the board at all when I'm injured.  Is there a way to get this feature reactivated?

Best Answer

Nice to see you around @Phunster @DNK2 @SunsetRunner, and once again welcome to the Forums! Smiley Happy 

Fitbit is always trying to get the best options for every user, your comments and ideas are important to us. Rest assure that we're taking the feedback about this, to make sure that your voices are being heard.

Currently, we have a Feature Suggestions board to place your ideas or requests for specific features to be implemented in the future, you can vote for this idea if you think it fits your needs or enter a new one if you prefer.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YojanaFitbit How do we vote for this option to be added back to our settings? Vote on the original poster's question? Or will I have to post something in the Feature Suggestions board? When I try to search on that board to see if it's been requested already, it brings me back to this thread.

Thank you for the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes