Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I climbed 91 flights the other day!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yeppirs.... out with my son riding in his Jeep Rubicon the other weekend. 

We were out about 3 hours; he was "showing me the ropes" how well his modified Jeep takes all the hills in this off road course in the mountains (oh, my ACHING back!!).  All I can say is bumpy BUMPY B-U-M-P-Y!!  We must have traveled up and down 100 hills and through 50 mud puddles!!

Some fun for a shriveled up 65 year old man.....Smiley Surprised

But I thought it funny I had 91 flights to my credit when I stumbled home that evening; but I completely understand WHY it thought I was climbing stairs ---> and 91 of them at that!!

Still using my TRUSTY Fitbit One I purchased in Oct 2013 (although the sleep band is getting a little frazzled!!),

Mark

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @SunsetRunner! Great to see your around. That Jeep ride must have been really fun but also hard on your back, hopefully it wasn't too bad. Smiley Tongue 

In case you're worried about the accuracy of the data tracked by your One during situations like that, you can manually log a driving activity. A driving activity should overwrite any information gathered by your tracker during a time period of your choosing. You can log a driving activity to your dashboard on a computer by following these steps:

1. Log into your Fitbit Dashboard on Fitbit.com

2. Go to the Activities page.
3. Under Log Activities, search for 'Driving'.
4. Select the 'Driving' option that will show up.
5. Enter the date, duration, and start time of your activity. You have the option to manually enter the number of calories burned here if you'd like to.
6. Click Log. Your activity will now be visible and editable in the Logged Activities area.

If you want to use other device to log the activity just let me know what device it is and I'll get you the instructions to do it.

For future reference, there are two ways in which you can completely avoid your Fitbit tracking any steps or floors. You can either connect your One to its charging cable, activity is not tracked while the Fitbit is charging, or you can turn it off.

To turn off the One just do the following:

1.  Plug your tracker into the charging cable, as if you're going to charge it.
2. Hold down the button on your tracker for 12 seconds.
3. Remove your tracker from the charging cable.

If you wish to turn it back on, just press the button once again.

Hope you find this helpful! Smiley Very Happy

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hey there @SunsetRunner! Great to see your around. That Jeep ride must have been really fun but also hard on your back, hopefully it wasn't too bad. Smiley Tongue 

In case you're worried about the accuracy of the data tracked by your One during situations like that, you can manually log a driving activity. A driving activity should overwrite any information gathered by your tracker during a time period of your choosing. You can log a driving activity to your dashboard on a computer by following these steps:

1. Log into your Fitbit Dashboard on Fitbit.com

2. Go to the Activities page.
3. Under Log Activities, search for 'Driving'.
4. Select the 'Driving' option that will show up.
5. Enter the date, duration, and start time of your activity. You have the option to manually enter the number of calories burned here if you'd like to.
6. Click Log. Your activity will now be visible and editable in the Logged Activities area.

If you want to use other device to log the activity just let me know what device it is and I'll get you the instructions to do it.

For future reference, there are two ways in which you can completely avoid your Fitbit tracking any steps or floors. You can either connect your One to its charging cable, activity is not tracked while the Fitbit is charging, or you can turn it off.

To turn off the One just do the following:

1.  Plug your tracker into the charging cable, as if you're going to charge it.
2. Hold down the button on your tracker for 12 seconds.
3. Remove your tracker from the charging cable.

If you wish to turn it back on, just press the button once again.

Hope you find this helpful! Smiley Very Happy

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer