Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just bought a new FitBit One (for $100 + S&H) and it will not charge??

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Like the title says, I have a brand new One and it will not charge. I tried connecting it to a computer and to the wall and nothing. I know from reading other posts that I got a good deal but the fact it does not charge is ''kind of a downer'' - any suggestions? I noticed that there is not reset hole - just an indent where it should be.

Sigh!

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

I was able to get it to show me that it was fully charged by plugging it in and holding the button down - it is FitBit 6.60. And I think the reset hole is so tiny, it needs a needle not a pin to reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Ones don't have a "reset hole." Are you talking about the opening for the altimeter? You reset a Fitbit One by holding down the button for 15-20 seconds. Pocking a needle in the altimeter will only result in damage.

Where did you buy the One? Are you sure it was new?

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

This is how to restart it

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

If it doesn't work then you need to get with who ever you bought it from and get it exchanged or a refund

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

It arrived in its box that was still sealed and seemed to have all its parts. Well, it is a good thing I was unable to stick anything  into the hole. I bought the One from a University bookstore electronics store (they were very skeptical of someone from Seattle buying a One with a credit card from a small university on the east coast).

When I hold the button down, I get a message saying ''Fitbit 6.60'' and it shows a full charge - but nothing else happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sigh! Holding down the button while it is plugged in gets me a message saying ''Fitbit 6.60'' and it shows a full charge but when I remove it and hold the button down, I get nothing.

Best Answer

When you see "Fitbit 6.60" that means it has restarted. When you take it out of the charger, how long are you holding the button down? Does anything happen if you hold it for at least 5 seconds?

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, the same thing is happening with my Fitbit One. When it’s plugged into the charger it will sync and shows 6.64 firmware and I can view and punch through all the options. However, as soon as I remove it from the charger it goes blank and nothing happens when I push down on the button. I have tried wearing it and plugging it back in the charger to sync up so I could confirm that it was still tracking steps but it tracked nothing. When I called customer service for help all they could do was offer me 25% off towards a new wrist tracker which I have zero interest in purchasing or wearing. 

The large amount of issues that are being reported about the One on this forum is the main reason why I have not purchased a replacement One online from a 3rd party vendor because I know Fitbit has stopped supporting the device. In my opinion they stopped supporting the device when they sent out the previous firmware back in 2017 when it rendered my One useless. 

Best Answer

I hold the button down until my thumb hurts and get nothing. I only get a response when I plug the One in and hold the button down.

Best Answer

Yep, I am experiencing the same exact problem. Remove the unit from the charger and nothing happens no matter how long or how many times I hold down the button. Plug it in the charge and Viola, it start syncing up again but what good is it anymore when it’s just  sitting in the charger. 

I wonder if Fitbit is sending out some sort of coded software during these firmware updates to “deactivate” these units beginning with the older models and moving their way up until they all stop functioning properly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As stated above the 6.60 message shows a successful restart and its current firmware which is not up to date. 

How long has it been charging? 

Im not sure what you should see before the tracker is setup and flirting the setup process the tracker will be updated. 

Have you tried setting it up to your Fitbit account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Lauewrote:

Im not sure what you should see before the tracker is setup and flirting the setup process the tracker will be updated. 

I have a backup One that has never been setup on my account, but it still tracks steps. When I got it, I carried both it and my linked One together for a while, just out of curiosity to see how consistent they were. And the unlinked One counted steps and stairs and distance, etc., exactly the same as the linked One; it just didn't send the information anywhere.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to sync my One and update to 6.64 and it seems to tracking okay but still nothing shows when I disconnect it. SIGH!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread and for the help provided too regarding the Fitbit One not showing anything on its screen when unplugged from the charging cable.

@Zaacharia I hope you're doing well! Thanks for updating the One to its latest firmware version. 

Please perform a couple of restarts in a row and check if the screen will then light up when unplugged from the charging cable.

If you keep experiencing the same, is there any chance you can return it to the retailer? Do you know if they have more units? 

Also, if any of you is experiencing any syncing issues; please try these syncing troubleshooting steps to sort it out. Try the steps in the order given for best results.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes