Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate step counting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I received a new Fitbit One for Christmas. I seem to be logging more steps than my wife's so yesterday I wore both hers and mine. AT the end of the day my FB logged 295 steps more than hers and I had both of them attached to the same location on my watch pocket of my jeans. Mine logged 12832, hers logged 12537. Any suggestions?
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I really don't have an explanation. That's 97.7 % accuracy which may be within the acceptable range for these devices. Perhaps a moderator can address the subject of acceptable range of accuracy.

Best Answer

I agree with @John917. That variance is well within the industry's accepted margin of error of 5%; so I wouldn't worry about it.

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer

You'll find over time you get steps for all kinds of things like driving.  The thing is these things plus simple inaccuracies will not add up to a whole lot.  

After 12k steps you will realize that 250 step is simply walking around the house here and there. Its not gonna make any difference to your health or win you any challenges. 

Of course, if you plan on hitting 100k steps a day then the 2k extra steps may be something your gonna worry about.

Best Answer