Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue a 6.65 firmware. The 6.64 has broken so many Ones and there must be a solution

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Issue a 6.65 firmware. The 6.64 has broken so many Ones and there must be a solution.

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Albert -
It's not gonna happen. The company can't be bothered with us One users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Version 6.64 was released about 2 years ago. Did it just start giving you problems? 

Or are these problems related to the Fitbit app version 3.31 on your unknown android phone. 

We may be able to help, if your having problems. 

Best Answer

Rich -

I have had no issues (so far.)

--

"I live to laugh, and I laugh to live." Milton Berle
"the most wasted of all days is the one without laughter" ee cummings

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still having issues...I even added it as a new One device...no luck...still says that the One is denying when trying to sync...any help would be appreciated! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @JaymeK I haven't heard of tithe error message of the "One is denying" what screen in the Fitbit app are you looking at? 

Is the One still attached to your Fitbit account? 

Best Answer
Yes, it is still connected...it was and is having sync issues since the update last week..so I reinstalled it..was fine for a milisecond... now on my actual phone when I try to turn off and on the bluetooth...or rather to connect the one via bluetooth (click on available devices..click on One) it says "Pairing rejected by One"...if I try to pull down the screen to sync the One via my Android it can't find it...yet out of the blue sometimes updates..but like every couple of days "ish"...hasn't updated since 8/31...a girl needs to record her steps! Lol!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

You tried shutting down both the One and the smartphone? Sure.

Then restarting both?
Sure.

Check the app store for an upgrade to the smartphone?
Sure.

I'm not sure then.

Moderator edit: removed personal information. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for trying...I will see what Fitbit says and go from there. Enjoy your evening!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best wishes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! Likewise!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a similar issue, since my phone updated, having to restart my One at least daily. Getting the message "Device not found" when synching. Prior to the update I had to restart the One about 2 times a year.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the current system # of your app on your smartphone?

In looking at mine I've got 2.78 (785). It may have to be a warning, if
yours is higher, that other One users should not update?

The company has, IMO, abandoned One users. They will only give lip service.
We are on our own. Hopeful wishes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No solution yet from anyone yet. Looking at other posts all over the community, the 6.64 problem has been going on apparently for well over a year. I think there must have been a roll out by country or region as August has seen a big spike in problems in the UK. All over the world the problem the same, even from late 2017. On charge it shows FITBIT 6.64, then full battery icon and nothing else. Will not switch on, or count anything.

It is not a problem with the Ipad App ... my issue is that the One will no longer turn on, even though recording a full battery. Perhaps also it might be now giving me a false battery result. I gather that the upgrade is very hard on batteries...I have no problem with sync... actually when on charger it still syncs with my App, but will not turn on, record steps etc any more etc. Sadly I am giving up on Fitbit now. Apparently the free phone apps are as good for steps, and you do not have to fork out $100 for a three year tool, with a guarantee of only a year. Incidentally Helpdesk did not even offer me the 25% off offer... My One is too old. I have had mine three years!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Albert -

Condolences should your One be truly dead.

Elsewhere I've seen posts where a One's battery has been replaced, YouTube
might have it. Dunno.

I am curious about your remark: "you do not have to fork out $100 for a
three year tool, with a guarantee of only a year." I've never heard this.
Would you tell me where it may come from? Curious.

As for me - my trusty One has been with me for maybe four years and I've
gone out on ebay to get a backup spare (just in case.) I love the One, and
the company has lost many by not keeping it. But then there may have been
legal issues that they cannot comment on. Again Dunno!

--

John Concannon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try updating your app on your phone. I did an update and my One sync'd successfully this morning without having to be reset! First time in several weeks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JaymeK as mentioned above, the Fitbit one does not to be on the trusted list of Bluetooth devices. Also ill remind again that a user can not pair, or should even try to pair, a Fitbit one through the phones Bluetooth. Doing so should give the error message of, "rejected by the One". 

Not knowing if your phone is running Android 9, you might have the issue that is affecting some users that run version 9 and might be waiting for the next Fitbit update or your cellular providers phone update. 

If it was me I would first clear the phones cache. 

Restart both the phone and tracker. 

If this doesn't help I would shut both phone and tracker off. Then try again. The one gets shut off during it's restart process. 

Instead of checking for an app update. I would remove the app, restart phone and install a fresh copy of the Fitbit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks John... just to clarify that my searches found the cheapest new Fitbit ( which I have called a tool) to be about $100 (no discount was offered me by the Helpdesk) and this Inspire only carries one year guarantee. My (supposed dead) FITBIT ONE has lasted only 3 years. I can get a free tracker on my phone... so I feel that it is a no- brainer any more. Such a shame as I loved my Fitbit... and just to say that my problem was nothing to do with Sync... but that it would no longer switch on away from charger... and even on charger only says FITBIT 6.64 and then the full battery icon. This problems is the same as literally hundreds of other One owners over the Internet. The Sync problem seems to be completely different and not my issue at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit One users discussion group on FB.

The "Inspire" does not inspire me.

I do understand your frustration, bear up, sir.

--

John Concannon

Best Answer
0 Votes